Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
White diamond 05 CTS 3.6L Euro
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 05 CTS with the Nav/DVD/ TV unit…

I noticed some CTS's have the bumper sensors (at least on the rear bumper) and mine don’t have this.. So I was wounding if it's possible to install bumper sensors (front/rear or just rear) in a way that doesn’t look like an after market cheep stuff?

Also, as I mentions the unit have TV option which include a Video/Aux inputs (located under my arm rest). I use the Aux sockets to hookup my nokia N91 for listing to music, but the Video socket is not in use. I'm thinking of installing a rear view camera in a way that I can use my Screen as a monitor.

Appreciate any ideas/suggestions regarding this issue :showoff:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
American CTS's don't have TV or video inputs nor reverse sensors on the older models. The video screen goes blank as well if the gear selector is moved out of park. Count your blessings, you're way ahead of us.
My STS has a series of lights and above the rear window and a chime for a reverse distance indicator.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh SxxT I forgot all about the screen going black :banghead:

Count your blessings, you're way ahead of us
Yah I know we have more option in our cts than American cts, but we're greedy and want more LOL :lildevil:

it's wearied not to have - at least- rear parking sensors as we consider riding a luxury car and what make it worse we can find this kind of option on a lower priced cars as a standard !!

I hope the new cts have sensor/ rear cam/ heated and cooling seats/ keyless entry cuz these kinds of options what make a luxury car a LUXURY car….

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no wait...........
in AUX or TV mode the screen doesnt go blank !!

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
I put on my CTS, SafePark EPS-LD, it mounts on the bumper but on the inside and it's completely masked. You don't have to drill your bumper or any other part of your car. I have it on my car for about 2 month and it proved to be very efficient.
The best was when i had a car in front at about 40cm (about 16 inches) and at the back about 25cm (10 inches). I had to do a few maneuvers to get out but my bumpers escaped with no scratch.
Anyway this is their site : http://www.tobe-aachen.de
I bought mine from an online store in Germany and they delivered it to me in romania.

·
Registered
CTS
62 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals !! Does anyone know which wires are for the reverse lights, are they the Yellow and Green wires??
Thx
Pryce

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
I wish i could help you because I spent lot of time finding them...
All I can remember is that for grounding i used the amp grounding.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
If you have a rear view camera installed it would be redundant to drill holes in your rear bumper. I would opt for the camera. I wouldn't get the license plate installed camera 'cause all you see is the grill of the car behind you. I would prefer to have mine always on too. Of course I have a Hummer with terrible rear vision anyway.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correction, just on TV mode the screen stays on :(

MPS
The EPS SAFE PARK looks great especially NO drilling required. Unfortunately all information i found related to this product is not in English except this sit.
As you can see it doesn't give you more information about this produce such as, is it waterproof? What is the max operating temperature? Installation process? Will it cover the whole bumper on detecting obstacle? is it for the rare bumper or both rear/ front, and so on…

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
If you have a rear view camera installed it would be redundant to drill holes in your rear bumper. I would opt for the camera. I wouldn't get the license plate installed camera 'cause all you see is the grill of the car behind you. I would prefer to have mine always on too. Of course I have a Hummer with terrible rear vision anyway.
Bob, have you thought about those convex mirrors they have on the corners of school busses?

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
i'll try and find my installation guide, scan it and post it.
As for waterproof...you can be sure it is. I tested it in heavy rain and also in pot holes with water. I don't think you have to worry about it.
installation in the cts is relatively easy except for the part of mounting the antenna, because you have to remove the bumper which i couldn't do it and i installed it with the bumper on the car. My only luck is that i have a ramp in my garage and i can go very easy under the car.
Yes it covers the whole bumper including the corners. The antenna 2.4 m long and it covers the whole bumper. I even had to cut some part of it because it was too long.
You can mount it anywhere you want, in the front or in the back.
If i don't find my installation guide i'll search for the site where i read many things about it.

·
Registered
Cadillac SRX 07, Eldorado 93
3 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals !! Does anyone know which wires are for the reverse lights, are they the Yellow and Green wires??
Thx
Pryce
on 07 SRX the backup light wires are black and white (positive), I tapped them for aftermarket wireless camera with monitor, would love to plug in to Nav unit to use its bigger screen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts