Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 93 SLS 4.9 Litre. Knocked the sensor beside the plug in the back on the drivers side. Knocked it preety hard I think. But Im not sure if I cracked or damaged it. I dont want to try to remove it until I know what it is for. Or what its called. In case It is damaged I really dont want to attempt to remove it until I know what it is to ask for at the dealers.
Was already there and told them where it is but they said they cant help unless I bring in the old one or know what its for. Like I said I dont want to attempt to take it out to look at it and possibly destroy it. And then find out its something I cant afford right now.
The car is running now, but just in case.
Anyone know what this is called ?

·
Registered
1993 STS and 2004 DTS
564 Posts
If this is the sensor that is screwed in near a spark plug, on the same side as the dip stick, it is the Engine Metal Tempature Switch.

It appears to be connected with quick disconnect.

-George

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
growe3 said:
If this is the sensor that is screwed in near a spark plug, on the same side as the dip stick, it is the Engine Metal Tempature Switch.

It appears to be connected with quick disconnect.

-George
4.9 litre. 93 SLS.
Pop the trunk and stand in front of the car looking at the windshield.
First 4 plugs are pointing at you. Other 4 are pointing at the windshield.
The last one one the right pointing at the driver has a sensor just to the left of it.
Havent looked at its location in reference to the transmision dip but I believe its close.
Thanx.
Thought that it might be something with temp ?
4.9 93 SLS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts