Mediterranean Blue Firemist
425 “ with front wheel drive
3 speed TurboHydramatic Transmission
Blue Leather interior
Power Moonroof w/shade
Cruise control
Am/Fm 8 track Stereophonic
Auto Antenna (inop.)
Power everything; seats, windows doors etc.
Factory Alarm 🚨 (keyhole in fender) with Airhorn
Ice 🧊 Cold A/C (brand new)
Climate Control
Color Coded Wheel Covers
New Disc Brakes, Air ride shocks, 4 new tires, oil change, hood hinges, air and oil filters, belts, transmission filter, halogen led headlights added and 25% tinted windows. Runs like a champ.
Clean title no accidents. Original paint throughout with some factory match touch up.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Automotive exterior Fixture Gas Vehicle door Tints and shades
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Grille Car Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Hood Car Motor vehicle Electric blue Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Radio Steering wheel Car
Blue Aqua Gas Electric blue Tints and shades
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Plant Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,323 Posts
that all depends on if you are BUYING or SELLING -

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,378 Posts
You’re selling it already?
How much did you pay to get the AC running?
I don’t mean to be a downer, but If you bought new tires, why didn’t you get some whitewalls? It would’ve looked alot better on that car.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,331 Posts
I don’t mean to be a downer, but If you bought new tires, why didn’t you get some whitewalls? It would’ve looked alot better on that car.
have you tried finding whitewalls lately?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#divorceisahelluvadrug

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,323 Posts
#divorceisahelluvadrug
=================
if she's gonna get half -
I'll give you $7.50 for the car -

and I'll sell it back to you after all the papers are signed -

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,378 Posts
have you tried finding whitewalls lately?
No, I haven’t. Isn’t Coker Tires supposed to be a dependable source for whitewall tires? They advertise nationwide and a quick check on their website does have an available whitewall option for 1978 Cadillac Eldorado.

I also found several videos on YouTube that say you can DIY whitewalls on your existing tires, which sounds interesting.

#divorceisahelluvadrug
That’s very unfortunate. Wasn’t expecting to hear that. Damn… Good luck.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,718 Posts
The prices I see on used cars now $80,000 seems reasonable.

Probably your best answer is to research what others are selling for. Yeah I see high prices out there but that doesn't mean they will get that. One thing about selling cars in that era is no bank is going to give a buyer a title loan, ain't no way that is happening. So they either have to get a personal loan and even those are getting slimmer offerings or come up with the money. JJ Best Banc or Woodside might do a loan.... so remember that when you put a price on it.

Here is a pretty good all in one website search.

Some are listed here

If you get a Mecum's login id you can also look at past auction selling prices. I see all kinds of grades of cars being auctioned from nearly new, restored, or just nothing has been done here it is. .

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,718 Posts
#divorceisahelluvadrug
I can think of one worse. A guardianship over a parent who has $$$ with siblings. Been there and done that. After about $17K in lawyer fees I quit counting. Uh you take Mastercard? Family pi$$ing matches are expensive.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,378 Posts
=================
if she's gonna get half -
I'll give you $7.50 for the car -

and I'll sell it back to you after all the papers are signed -
I’ve never been married, which means I’ve never been divorced, but yea that’s genius.

Just imagine, if the day comes when you accidentally discover unsavory messages/photos on your wifes phone… Play it cool, but starting that very next day is a fire sale on every damn thing that matters. Cars, everything in the garage, everything in the man cave, and whatever else of value gets sold fast and cheap to people you trust.

And about a month after the last thing is sold, you drop the divorce papers on the broad. Lol.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,718 Posts
I’ve never been married, which means I’ve never been divorced, but yea that’s genius.

Just imagine, if the day comes when you accidentally discover unsavory messages/photos on your wifes phone… Play it cool, but starting that very next day is a fire sale on every damn thing that matters. Cars, everything in the garage, everything in the man cave, and whatever else of value gets sold fast and cheap to people you trust.

And about a month after the last thing is sold, you drop the divorce papers on the broad. Lol.
I LMAO when I watch this scene.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,718 Posts
Holy crap she sent chills up MY spine just watching that!lol.
From the show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Susie just hates Larry. There are a few video compilations of those two going at it. She just reams Larry any chance she gets in the show series. She's just evil. One scene she presumes she catches Jeff her husband running around on her with another woman. LMAO she just goes off on her husband Jeff. One show Larry told this youngster about Adolph Hitler so they made a pillow cover sham for Susie with a swastika on it. OMG she just goes off on Larry. ROTFLMAO so funny those two.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow that stinks. I got the feeling you were really enjoying the Eldo including some of the work fixing it. I have heard stories of wives selling a husband's car in a divorce at an insanely low price to throw it in the husband's face (maybe that was after the divorce??). I guess I'd research the selling low idea. The lawyers can be pretty nasty and something like that might be so obvious that you end-up splitting half the fair value. Although maybe you wouldn't care because if it was really half of fair value then you could still get the car back after. To me 14K sounds high. It seems like it's in nice shape but for sure it's a driver. What does the "blue book" say or are these cars too old for that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts