Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are selling our 94 deville but wonder what the price should be. Is Kelly Blue Book a reasoable place to start? I noticed a huge difference from KB to say Edmunds.com and other websites. The vehicle has 155K miles, has all of the options and is is excellent mechanical condition with some minor body dings. Very Clean car. Paint and trim are in good condition. We have it priced at $3200. We did the head gaskets at 130K and put in new WP, PS and fuel pump, full tune up 10 k miles ago. Just looking for opinions here, not trying to sell to anyone.

·
Registered
94 Concours
63 Posts
Your in the ball park. Bought my '94C in March from a private party for $3,800, it had 192,000. He was asking 5,200 and had no serious lookers in two months. I was not going to buy until he told me what and when parts with other service he had done.

Trany @ 80k
Motor @ 120k
A/C comp @ 180k
Tires, water pump, battery, and the exterior detailed all within the last year and it is show room clean.

He accepted my offer, and I thank him.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
I think your in the ball park, but you could probably charge more. Since you fixed the major issue (headgasket) and you have the paper work to show it was properly fixed (timeserted) that will be very appealing to someone looking for a deville. Also I would get the car detailed, even though it maybe $100-200 it will make a big difference to a potential buyer to have a car that looks practically new. It is a little scary for first time sellers, but if you were to put the car on ebay, it would sell quicker and you would definetly get better money for it.

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
Old Caddy's with miles on them must go for more in other parts of the country. In South Dakota you would be very hard pressed to find a buyer at that dollar. I looked at a 94 last week that was near perfect...it had 102k on the clock. It didn't have much for options, but was very nice with new tires and drove great. They were asking $2,900...not sure what it sold for. I bought my 93 a couple of years ago with 40k on it for $5,000. There is a 93 Brougham with under 100k on it here in town that I think I could pick up for $3000. Maybe I should buy a few and send them to you guys to sell!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
With high gas prices, I would have a hard time selling that for more than 2500 to 3000 in Tx.

Hi mileage is not very attractive to many people.

During tax season, you could probably get $4000--4500, as most dealers drastically increase their prices in tax season.

I am not knocking your price, just telling you what my exp has been in Tx.

·
Registered
2006 CTS
258 Posts
I agree that there are definately different prices in different parts of the country.

Tuco, I can't tell which part of the country you are from as it is not listed, but if you had that car listed around here in the Roanoke, VA area, it would be a hard sell. But where you are from, it could possibly be a cheap price. My suggestion would be to check in your local newspaper's classified section. Try to read what the average prices of the last 30 days were.

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses. We didnt get any calls for the $3200 price. Its hard to explain in a short ad how clean and mechanically sound this car is. It definitely has 50K of life left with probably little attention needed besides ordinary maintenance. The only thing that doesnt work is the heated seats. We do understand it has a lot of miles and is getting old. We will lower the price to say $2700 and see what happens. Hard to imagine selling for much less, it would be better to just drive it for another several years.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Hold on to it until next income tax season. You will easily get almost $4000 for it then because all car dealers raise their prices by about $1000. Every blue collar worker in the US gets a $3500 income tax check. Many go right out and buy a car.

Last year I sold a 94 Cutlas Cierra with 47000 miles during tax season for
$4300. Car's MSRP was about 15k new.

I love tax season.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
i own a 94 cadillac concours with 87k, what should be a good price if i decide to sell... it does have a few problems, including the typical service ride control problem... suggestions?

ill try to post a pic, only comestic problems front right and left rear end...

if i can figure out how i can post one, sorry if im being a noob

·
Registered
None yet
431 Posts
i just bought a 95 deville needed a power steering pump and radiator for 300 buxx with 102,000 not bad its tough for these cars in massachusetts...got the vogue package with the extra chrome and gold emblems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts