Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

This forum has been a great source of information and fun over the last 3 years.

I need something AWD with a bigger back seat as my daughter is getting tall. Should pick up an 08 GMC Denali pickup, black on black, by Saturday.

The plan is to have the V on Ebay by next weekend. Mine is a silver 04 with black interior and sunroof. The mileage is 28K. Here is a list of mods.

Maggie with 2.75" pulley (17K miles)
UUC shifter
Corsa sport cat-back exhaust
Dyno tune by Johan Mangs of Diablosport
GM optional wheels with summer tires with less than 5K miles
GM original wheels with Dunlop Winter Sports with 8K miles
GM Antiwheel hop bushings
GM/Apple Ipod connect
Clear bra
Custom V1 Mount

Sadly to say, I was offered $25K as a trade and the local vette shop wanted $1,600 to remove the Maggie. Obviously I'm hoping to net more than the trade and tax differential and let my buddy make a few bucks selling it for me.

I was more of a reader than a poster, but knowing that those here with the same mods at sea level were not always destroying the drive train, it gave me confidence to do the same at 5000'.

Now if I just can figure out where to put a slightly used C6 Z06???

Mike

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
When your daughter gets about 5 feet tall, send some pics, man.
Wow...is it just me or was that post a bit creepy? "Hello...Dateline NBC? Yeah...I have someone you may want to keep an eye on."

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
damn wish you were closer, Id uninstall everything for free......then you could sell it to me .....wanna drive to florida? lol......youll def get more on a trade in down here as the demand for V's is def higher then in colorado.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Well Mike, it is sad to see you go, but sometimes you just don't have a use for a 4000 lb, 400 hp (or in your case 540 hp), sedan that is only usable in the 8-9 months a year it doesn't snow. I sure hope you get that sweet new, or slightly used, Z06 that you have your eye on and then you can bring that baby to our V meets and show us all up. You and all the other Denver guys are still part of my car guy family and I want to keep it that way no matter what kind of car you drive.

Also, a little update on me (sorry about the threadjack). I have accepted a civil engineering position with the City of Gillette, WY and will start work in a couple of weeks. I still plan on making it down to the Denver area once or twice a year with hopes that us guys can still get together (on the road course maybe) and have a great time.

Good luck Mike, and you may just want to keep your eye on the new V, although it will still not quite be a Z06, it sounds like it will be killer.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
Also, a little update on me (sorry about the threadjack). I have accepted a civil engineering position with the City of Gillette, WY and will start work in a couple of weeks. I still plan on making it down to the Denver area once or twice a year with hopes that us guys can still get together (on the road course maybe) and have a great time.
Good Luck @ your new job, Tweeter. Remember what I told you at the V meet a few months ago. My company is currently hiring engineers in every discipline. If you want to get back to Denver sometime in the future send me a PM and I'll be glad to fill you in. And don't get rid of your V - no matter how much snow you run into in Wyoming. It couldn't get any worse than we had here in Denver last winter.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
..........And don't get rid of your V - no matter how much snow you run into in Wyoming.
Actually a V is just what you need to keep from going crazy on those boring drives between Gillette and Sheridan, Casper, and Billings:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Car sounds nice, let me know when you want to get rid of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.