Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, I choose the Interlagos Blue. No more black cars ;) I will miss the CTS-V. I thought about keeping it as my winter car but will probably go with an SUV.

I too looked at BMW due to poor service at my Caddy dealer and poor response from GM with the problems. (Not to say that BMW is perfect with their service.)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
CTS-VETTE 550HP said:
you will be back after the release of the V with a LS7 motor that will spank bmw's and all other foreign competitors but good luck anyways.
I don't think so.

I used to be a diehard GM person. About six months ago I was looking for 2 05 Escalades and 1 06 ZO6 Vette (wanted to put money down on the vette and wanted the Escalades immediately).

The dealer jacked me around on the 2 Escalades (wouldn't deal) and wouldn't return my calls on the Vette. So, we ended up purchasing two Toyota Sequoas (Limited) and have been extremely pleased so far with the service and quality. They were even much cheaper then anything GM had when trying to compare apples to apples.

I also decided to get the M5 (auto shifting manual...SMG) and save up for something different to fill the void of the Vette ;) GM better do lots of work to the rear end of the CTS-V if they are putting a bigger engine in. It can't even handle 400 HP without hopping around, leaking, cracking, etc.
:rolleyes:

Did GM really do any testing? (This is the engineer in me speaking.) You know they did...but did they really? :hmm:

·
Registered
2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V
344 Posts
I'm tryin' to get where Mac's at in life now. I wouldn't know how to act with the kind of scratch it takes to play with two Sequoyas and a M5. Hookers, stripper pole in my living room and a Ferrari, I'm sure of it! :lol:

·
Registered
2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V
344 Posts
And, yeah, they must do something to address the rears in our cars, especially if they up the ante to 500hp. I popped my 2nd rear end, so I'm in the shop looking for them to replace #3. Sad thing is I haven't done any power adding mods and was very ginger in the application of power on this 2nd diff. This shit's gonna get old real ****en quick.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
I wouldn't count on GM upping the ante with the new motor unless they apply an auto trans. In order for GM to put any effort into the future V platform, they'll need to justify the costs with sales. 7thousand units in two years is not raising any eyebrows. Should they install an auto trans, sales will certainly rise and the diffs would probably last longer. Who knows whats in store for the V, I just look forward to the new diff and hope it'll prove that GM wants to support the current owners.
And should they install the larger motor, I also hope they have a manual trans option...but with the boneheads that kept the current parking brake...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
CTS-VPaco said:
I'm tryin' to get where Mac's at in life now. I wouldn't know how to act with the kind of scratch it takes to play with two Sequoyas and a M5. Hookers, stripper pole in my living room and a Ferrari, I'm sure of it! :lol:
I has been years of hard work (75 to 100 hrs/week work), a little bit of luck from the good Lord, and some great employees. I wen't a year without pay, three years making less then my key employees and I have no problem at all making just a little bit more money now :sneaky:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts