Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official...I am getting an 06 BMW M5 and I am looking to sell my 04 V. Any ideas what people are getting for them?

It is black, tan interior, sunroof, 14k miles, DVD Screens in the Headrests, like new.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
$35K if you're VERY lucky. I got $36K from my dealer with 20K miles about 10 months ago when I bought my 2005.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right...I am seeing 38 to 42 asking price on autotrader.com in my area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are you getting or do you already have an M5? Your title says one thing, and your message says another...

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Well, being that you're lucky enough to get an M5 - I think you should donate your V to me as a back up :)

Post here when you finally get it and tell us what you think. Looks like one seriously nice tour de force of automobile technology. Congratulations.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crozier said:
Are you getting or do you already have an M5? Your title says one thing, and your message says another...
Getting...I am build week 45 and expect it to show up at the dealer around the first week of January.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wildwhl said:
Well, being that you're lucky enough to get an M5 - I think you should donate your V to me as a back up :)

Post here when you finally get it and tell us what you think. Looks like one seriously nice tour de force of automobile technology. Congratulations.
I will. I will also miss the CTS-V and the group around here. I really haven't been that active (too busy with family and work) but I have enjoyed everyone here. I hated missing the Ohio meet this past weekend but I had to be in Denver ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Monitors in the headrest? Is it set up with the Nav/DvD player?How?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great choice, the new 7 speed SMG is awesome and the V10 rips like only the S54 could...ah, the joy of high RPM HP! It will better the V by a mile in every way so it is money well spent. I have own/have owned 4 M cars and would have an M5 on the way but couldn't justify the price tag for something that looks the way it does(despite the fact that it is the best 4 door on the road) today. Maybe it will grow on me! I was thinking M6 but after I drove a 645, I realized that the thing is a land yacht, almost a shortened 7 series so trhat is out. Death to Chris Bangle!

As to your V, looks like $35-37 is reasonable if it is well cared for.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TXSilverV said:
Monitors in the headrest? Is it set up with the Nav/DvD player?How?
No, they couldn't do that so I put another DVD player in the glove box. It works great and the kids love it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blacksport350 said:
Great choice, the new 7 speed SMG is awesome and the V10 rips like only the S54 could...ah, the joy of high RPM HP! It will better the V by a mile in every way so it is money well spent. I have own/have owned 4 M cars and would have an M5 on the way but couldn't justify the price tag for something that looks the way it does(despite the fact that it is the best 4 door on the road) today. Maybe it will grow on me! I was thinking M6 but after I drove a 645, I realized that the thing is a land yacht, almost a shortened 7 series so trhat is out. Death to Chris Bangle!

As to your V, looks like $35-37 is reasonable if it is well cared for.
That's how I felt. The new 5 series eventually grew on me. I dare say that I now like the new 5 series better then the old 5 series :hide:

·
Registered
118 Posts
After repeated dismal experiences with Cadillac dealerships, I too looked at a new M5. Local Sarasota dealership said I would be #34 on the list with an 18-month wait—at MSRP! I’m only looking around because of substandard Cadillac response to various issues. I love the V, but hate the lack of concern from GM.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Sorry to hear that! 04's are special. Tighter that the 05's. Good Luck to ya', you big spendin' son of a gun.

·
Registered
2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V
344 Posts
Bad ass video. If the car wasn't so Godamn hideous, it would be high on my list of next to purchase automobiles. I couldn't help but smile real big when Tiff was rippin' up the circuit.

Lookswise, the V wins, hands down. V10 with 500hp makes me drool.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
MID 2007??? Isn't that when the 600H.P. Super V with the LS-7 is being released for 60K??? I'M HOLDIN' OUT!

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I'm going on record as saying that I really like the new 5 series, and the M5??Yikes! The problem with the 5 series is that it looks heavy with smaller wheels in a non-sport packaged setup. Get some 18"s on there and it looks good. I think the front end looks really aggressive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts