Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am bored again and the V has only been stored for 2 months now.
Really thinking about selling it and starting a new project.
The car is an 05 with 5868 miles on it and has a bunch of mods.
Here is most of them off the top of my head;

B&B Longtube headers and high flow cats
B&B 3" resonator and x-pipe cat back
Lingenfelter CAI
StealthV power tune
StealthV Fuel rail covers
BMR AWK
BMR Toe rods
BMR Trailing arms
FG2 shocks
Wildwheel lowering kit
Lasstss billet interior pieces and shifter knob
UUC short shifter
3m clear bra
Tinted windows
A few other mods I am forgetting, but that covers it pretty good.
Also the Battery, Differential, and the clutch were Dealer replaced at 4869 miles under warranty.
Anyway, this is what I have been thinking about for the last few days and just running it by the forum for their thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
want a real project ill trade you my 97 ETC theres no aftermarket all all for it so think how much rep youll get if you make it that fast

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
That's a heck of a lot of effort for a 3 month summer and a measly 5600 miles. You really tired of the car or just tired of having $60K tied up in your garage doing nothing for the looong Maine winter?

I had the same syndrome when I lived in Mass. Here in Northern VA there is no reason to put away the nice cars for the winter so at least every couple of weeks I get to drive them and get reminded of why I bought them and why I like owning them.

Keep the car. Trade in your zip code!

And most will agree that the mods will hurt rather than help any resale. Restore to stock and sell the parts here or on eBay or to BigJimSho....or just a couple more months till spring (well maybe 5 for you)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Tired of it already?????
What are your options right now????

I'm sure you love the V just like the rest of us and right now there isn't anything worth trading the car for under $70,000. The new M3 will be out 2007 the rs4 is comming out soon as is the porsche cayman. hmmmmmm
Oh there is also the new nissan gtr 450hp allwheel drive out in 07 and the z4 coupe with the m3 engine out next summer. The only car I could consider would be the Vette but i owuldn't be bale to handle the small two door instead of the V.
If you are selling to get cash and not loose money then sell. If you are selling to change for another car then wait a little because next year there will be more choices to pick from.

·
Registered
325 Posts
HDMLNIUM said:
Well I am bored again and the V has only been stored for 2 months now.
Really thinking about selling it and starting a new project.
Bill
Sell? Sounds like the winter blues. Did you see the thread where MadMan in TX is building a rear for the V? That should solve all our problems. Then we can do heads, cam and NOS and be in the 11's or better and still be able to drive home.

I agree with 6104696 though. I have been trying to convince my wife to move to SC. The weather is much better there. It kills me to look at the V every day sitting in my garage and I can't drive it. It does save me money though and keeps the miles down I guess.

Well, whatever you decide, I am sure you will make it go fast.

Counting the days until spring...

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
The beauty of the winter is that it's a chance to add more complicated mods (not just a drop in filter or such) and have a long time to do it.

I figure to take all of Feb to install the maggie. And the beer is always cold.

I do know that when the bug hits to buy a new car, it's tough to resist.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

T

PS - this is provided that you have a heated garage that is big enough to tie up for the winter

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Ya know, this time last year I brought up the exact same topic........contemplating selling the V. And Doug (6104696) gave me the exact same pep talk then, as he is giving Joey and Bill now. I kept the V, and when May rolled around I couldn't have been more thankful, thanks Doug! Keep the Vs, boys.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I think once Bill met me he knew he was outmatched! There are a number of vehicles he can get to go faster at the strip. But he knows he just couldn't handle me if we went to NHIS or Lime Rock. I think he's just making excuses.:sneaky:

All kidding aside, I hope you stick around, Bill. And if you don't you know where those long-tubes can go, right??

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette
168 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I so sick of the clunking I'm also considering selling. The clunk seems to get worse and worse, and the dealer says nothing is broken and its "normal". I don't want to always try to drive to avoid the clunk, and actually can't find a way to do this.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
SELL IT STOCK - youll appeal to a wider market plus those mods dont really add any value to the car - in the buyers mind. In addition you can probably get 2-3 grand for those mods just parting them out.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum/Ebony
501 Posts
Bill,

Too bad you aren't closer to California. Does your car pass your state's emission test in its current configuration? Ballpark, what are you looking to get for the car with the mods?

Happy New Year,

Dave

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
redsyclone2000 said:
Bill,

Too bad you aren't closer to California. Does your car pass your state's emission test in its current configuration? Ballpark, what are you looking to get for the car with the mods?

Happy New Year,

Dave
Dave,
We don't have emission test here in Maine, atleast not right now. With the converters in I would think it would pass just fine.
If I do end up selling it I would like to get about 40k for it stock, close to stock anyway, and about 43k for it moded with all the factory parts to go with it to.
A lot of you guys still have me thinking what I want to do, I do love the car (except the diff) but I only put 5800 miles on it in the first year. I am really anal so I wont take it to a lot of the places I go so that is why it sat so much this year. Plus the fact that I store it for about 6 and a half months out of the year.. lol
The aftermarket diff sounds pretty good though so I may just stick it out until they are releast to see about going that route. I love to add mods and I do all my own wrenching (and enjoy it) but with the weak diff I am at the point where I don't want to add any more mods until this is addressed.
We will see how I feel over the next few weeks to see if I can get my mind back in the car.

Thanks for the replies so far, they do help..

Bill

·
Registered
139 Posts
Guys, I "HATE" to say it BUT I too will be putting my "V" up for SALE--ONLY 2600 miles!!!
We ordered a 2006 CORVETTE about 2 weeks ago.
I REFUSE to give away my "V" ALL the Dealers would only give a wholesale price on a trade-in. Guess I will make an ad up for her and see what happens.
Ginnie

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
DarkKnight said:
I will be getting rid of either my 05 V or my loaded 04 Navigator Ultimate (probably the V, the Navi is just to comfortable) and getting a Jeep SRT-8. I got some good information about the SRT here: http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm .
Here's a pretty neat SRT comercial: http://detroitwheeliedog.com/camaro/jeepsrt8.wvx
I will be getting my mods for the SRT from these guys: http://www.gsmotorsports.com/ .
If you can't tell, I a bit excited about it. Later.
After seeing this vehicle.....I might just also give up the V.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette
168 Posts
Black Beast said:
After seeing this vehicle.....I might just also give up the V.
I know what you mean. When I first heard about it I wasn't to curious about it. Then I went to the Phoenix car show just after Thanksgive and saw it on display and my jaw dropped big time. I fell for it instantly, it has a lot of personality and is very aggressive looking without being over the top. I can't wait to get one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts