Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 Eldo was stolen right outta my driveway, when cops found it there was no exterior of interior (minus a radio) damage, BUT the SOBs siezed my engine.
My dad and I have been looking for a replacement, but arent having any luck.

We're looking for a 94 4.6 Northstar 295hp engine. New, rebuilt, used(under 70,000) whatever, as long as i can get my baby back on the road!

I was also wondering if i could put any Eldo or Seville Northstar in, or does it have to be a 94 Eldo Northstar?

Anything, like good places to find an engine or an engine itself would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
520 Posts
GreenMonster said:
My 94 Eldo was stolen right outta my driveway, when cops found it there was no exterior of interior (minus a radio) damage, BUT the SOBs siezed my engine.

We're looking for a 94 4.6 Northstar 295hp engine. New, rebuilt, used(under 70,000) whatever, as long as i can get my baby back on the road!

I was also wondering if i could put any Eldo or Seville Northstar in, or does it have to be a 94 Eldo Northstar?

Anything, like good places to find an engine or an engine itself would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks Guys.
If you haven't yet, try car-part.com. It's a junkyard search engine.
Good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My condolences on your loss :crying: . Check out e-bay. There are a couple prospects on there for you right now. Bad news is I don't think you're gonna find what you want for under $3000 less shipping. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but any N* 4.6 between 93 and 97 should fit - same body, same accessories. I'm not sure of what was changed in the engine bay after 97, but maybe someone else here knows if a 98 or newer engine would fit a 93-97 engine bay/trans/accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pace performance has new Northstar engines for sale - http://www.paceparts.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=343&1=356&2=1112

GreenMonster said:

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1993 STS and 2004 DTS
564 Posts
Regarding the interchangeability of the Northstar engine, you can use a 93' or 94' engine. It does not matter what model Cadillac it comes from except the SLS will have a lower HP rating.

While later years will physically fit with some alterations you will have a number of wiring problems to deal with. There are also issues such as the ignition sensors that are responding at different rates to the computer, and how the fuel injectors are controlled.

I would try to find a 93' or 94' engine and count on replacing the head gaskets and doing the Timesert repair before installing it. This is about the only major repair that needs to be done. The rest of the engine is usually in very good shape is it has had regular oil changes. The engine should be fine for a long time after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts