Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside temp display seems accurate. Inside desired temp can be changed but I keep it the same. The system works only when it decides to. Going ten miles it will come on & go off 1-4 times ending with staying off. Need help with what to try to make it work when I want it to....I'm freezing..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Welcome :wavehi:

Is it safe to assume that when you say "The system works only when it decides to. Going ten miles it will come on & go off 1-4 times ending with staying off", you are talking about the blower? If so, that is most likely your problem. When it does fail, you might temporarily get it running again by rapping on the blower motor (on the firewall), but eventually even that won't work.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the blower. Outside is for example 32 degrees and I have inside temp set for 65 degrees. The blower will come on for a minute. Then I pull out of my driveway and before I get one block away the blower stops. Then if I'm lucky it will come on when I get to first traffic light. But it will go off while I'm still at traffic light and not come on the rest of the travel time. I have tried unplugging the connection and plugging back up..sometimes it works for a minute or two. A few months ago the blower ran as long as a whole month. But now it is shutting off very frequently. You said rapping on the blower motor, so when that eventually won't work, are you thinking I would need a new blower motor?

What about...could there be a short in the connection line?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
Yes the blower. Outside is for example 32 degrees and I have inside temp set for 65 degrees. The blower will come on for a minute. Then I pull out of my driveway and before I get one block away the blower stops. Then if I'm lucky it will come on when I get to first traffic light. But it will go off while I'm still at traffic light and not come on the rest of the travel time. I have tried unplugging the connection and plugging back up..sometimes it works for a minute or two. A few months ago the blower ran as long as a whole month. But now it is shutting off very frequently. You said rapping on the blower motor, so when that eventually won't work, are you thinking I would need a new blower motor?

=======================
SOMETIMES - the plug gets hot and - over time - melts the plastic -
resulting is a loose fit - and bad connection -

MOST of the time - it's a worn out blower motor -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
You said rapping on the blower motor, so when that eventually won't work, are you thinking I would need a new blower motor?

Yes, a new blower is in your future. The sooner the better.

A short is unlikely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts