Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie here. I recently discovered a very nice '73 DeVille for sale and would like to get some technical info on that model/year Caddy. It has a 472 motor, but I'd like to find out what the diff ratio would be, which tranny (TH400?) it has, the compression ratio, . . . things like that. Can anybody tell me a little about this car's mechanical specs, or where I might find info like this?

FYI it's a rust-free SoCal car with original paint (kind of a "seamist" green), white top, dark green interior, and is overall in #3 condition w/ 104K miles. It's very straight and clean but does need a paint job as the paint is severely oxidized in some spots. It was obviously very well taken care of. The seller wants $3200; seems like a good deal.

Thanks for yoir help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
For the millionth time, find a good mechanic that will treat your current car right. Then get a Cadillac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lev said:
For the millionth time, find a good mechanic that will treat your current car right. Then get a Cadillac.

Uh, well, that wasn't the kind of info I was seeking. My current car(s) are already "treated right", and I've got plenty of experience with classic cars myself . . . I'm just unfamiliar with this particular one.

Anybody else?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Hi LarryM,
Welcome to the board!!
The compression in the '73 472 was around 8.5:1.
The tranny should be a TH400.
The rear gears are probably high (numerically low). I think they were around 2.73.
Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lux hauler said:
Hi LarryM,
Welcome to the board!!
The compression in the '73 472 was around 8.5:1.
The tranny should be a TH400.
The rear gears are probably high (numerically low). I think they were around 2.73.
Hope this helps.

Yes, it's pretty much as I expected. I'm going to try to find a good source book at the local Barnes and Noble for more detail. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
LarryM said:
Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie here. I recently discovered a very nice '73 DeVille for sale and would like to get some technical info on that model/year Caddy. It has a 472 motor, but I'd like to find out what the diff ratio would be, which tranny (TH400?) it has, the compression ratio, . . . things like that. Can anybody tell me a little about this car's mechanical specs, or where I might find info like this?

FYI it's a rust-free SoCal car with original paint (kind of a "seamist" green), white top, dark green interior, and is overall in #3 condition w/ 104K miles. It's very straight and clean but does need a paint job as the paint is severely oxidized in some spots. It was obviously very well taken care of. The seller wants $3200; seems like a good deal.

Thanks for yoir help!
So, LarryM, did you ever get that Cadillac?

(I hope he still posts here)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
CADDYBLACK99
Top