Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's four fifteen in the morning. I'm leaving at 5:00 for an eleven hour drive north, to a remote corner of Oregon to sleep on the John Day river and with any luck, bring home a nice Elk to fill my freezer with. Wish me luck, safety, fun and all that jazz, and I'll talk to ya'll when I get back in a week or so. G'day to ya for now!

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
All that jazz to ya. Have fun.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
He's gone dudes, he left 12 hours ago. Guess he'll be back in a week.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm back. The hunt was excellent. Our group filled six of seven mule deer tags, the only Elk we saw were on the neighboring ranch and never came back after one of our group took a real nice 3x4 mulie on the next ridge over. I was carrying the 'ol reliable trusty Model 70 in .243. I'd love to try the 'ol bowhunting, but I havn't fired mine in about six years...I'd need lots of practice to be any good with the thing again. I must say, my buddies ranch up there in the great northeastern corner of Oregon is frickin beautiful. Incredible does it no justice. Got in late last night, quartered up the buck in the garage and stuck him in the fridge. This morning I stripped him into jerky size chunks and started the marinade, and put the backstraps and tenderloins in the freezer for a special occasion. I did have a helluva good time hunting rats though, they were all over the barn the last night we were there, didn't like the jeep headlights we were using to clean the last mulie. I went on a flashlight and Sig 226 hunt for the dang raccoon size packrats. They won't be eating the jeep seats anymore, that's for sure! :)

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Congrats on the bag. I'll PM you with my address for the jerky. :D j/k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts