Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My theft deterrant system is freaking on me. The horn started going off in the middle of the night. I went out to reset it and after a couple minutes it would go off without any reason. I started to just lock manually. Now the alarm wont go off even if I try to set it off. The light stays on when car is shut off. If I lock doors manually it will blink continuously or if I use the power lock it stays on solid. The security light comes on right when I turn off the ignition.(Blinking) It goes off right when I turn on the ignition. Any ideas? can I just disable? I would appreciate any help. I hope that light doesnt drain my battery.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's my question. I seem to have the security feature on my deville but I can't seem to set if off. I locked the doors with the keyless remote then tried opening it from outside through the window but the alarm did not go off.

I know I have this option because the security light comes on when I start the engine and whenever I stop the engine. Any ideas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I had your problem...my light flashes after the car is off but keeps flashing after I manually lock the car, so I dont arm it and have it go off in the middle of the night. Might have a bad relay or sensor..not sure yet

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am still working trying to disable my alarm on my 1987 brougham.So far I found a power source on the left front fender coming from the + post. I removed the nut , it has (4) four wires, two pair one pair of orange and a pair, one black and one orange. I then split the orange and black and put a connector on each. Then I put all the orange back on and tightened up the nut.Now with the black one off my alarm is disabled, also rear lights and interor lights and who knows what else. I plan to put a switch on it and place the switch in by the driver , easy to reach. When I want to start the car, I turn on the switch ,then when I park the car turn the switch off. Result, no alarm blowing in the night ,saves battery from dying and gives me time to look for a permanent fix. This switch can also be used when I am working on the car with the door open for long periods without killing the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
dill