Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to the car and got my registration so i could do my taxes. when i went to put it back in the car i hit the unlock button on my key fob and the car started making all kinds of noises like the doors were unlocking over and over again and the battery was clicking on and off over and over again. i got in and the security light was blinking. i tried to start it and it won't even try to turn over. i tried messing with the key fob but nothing worked. i thought a button might be stuck so i took the battery out and it didn't help. i disconnected the car battery and waited a few minutes to connect it again. it started making the same noises and the security light was blinking again. i got inside and messed with the glove box trac valet buttons and it seemed to make some of the noises stop, the ones that sounded like they were coming from in there at least. i unhooked the battery again and put it on my charger and it says it's barely got any juice. im charging it right now but my first day of work is tomorrow and its orientation like 150 miles away. gotta take my mom to work and use her car, but i need to get this running by tomorrow night. anyone have any idea whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
sounds like your alarm was activated for so long it killed your battery? give it a full charge and unlock your door and that should disable the alarm?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Battery charging now. I have to borrow my moms car to leave town tomorrow and when I get back I'll change the battery in the key fob too. Hopefully it will work. If not, how do I remove the alarm or disconnect it? It's the factory GM alarm.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,711 Posts
I have the Battery charging now. I have to borrow my moms car to leave town tomorrow and when I get back I'll change the battery in the key fob too. Hopefully it will work. If not, how do I remove the alarm or disconnect it? It's the factory GM alarm.
Do your own diagnosis. Read and study the sticky post at the top of the main Deville page threads - "How to pull codes". Get any codes from the car's built in scanner and return to the sticky; open the link to your car year group to get to a Master Index of links to any P,B,C, or U codes. Decipher them all (if any) and come back and post the codes and definitions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts