Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970 DEVILLE CONVERTIBLE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to you all ,

I am new to this site and have just purchased my fourth cadillac, a 70 deville convert. The seats in this car are shot but otherwise the interior is in near perfect condition.
I would like to upgrade the seats to a new style/look. Does anyone have any suggestions on what seats will work? For example, I had a 68 chevelle that I was able to fit 92 Saturn leather/power/heated seats in. With a little modification they looked like the came with the car. Has anyone done this with a deville? If so what seats will work??

Also need a convert. top switch

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Cad_Lvr

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your '70. Top switches are easily found on ebay and in sources like Hemmings. As for the seats, I'll defer the to folks with experience modifying these cars (I prefer mine stock).

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
My 92 Deville has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I am always on the lookout for a set to put in my truck or my Buick.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS, 1970 Deville Convertible
108 Posts
I also have a 70 Deville Convertible that i bought last fall... I bought 4 Bucket seats (2 From a 2001 STS, and 2 From a 2003 DHS) I plan on installing all 4 this summer. The hard part is finding a mechanic or body shop that will do it because its illegal to relocate seat belts. When i brought mine in the mechanic had a 68 Deville Convertible already gutted to my luck.. So i just had to bring my seats in and test fit them. They fit almost perfectly in the front. Now i was planning on installing a rear seat from the 2001 STS however since we have a convertible the back seat was too wide to fit. Therefore i decided to run 4 buckets instead. If u plan on doing that he's gonna have to cut out a "Hump" in the middle of the back seat and cover it with new metal. After that all he has to do is fabricate new mounts which i was told was easy. In total he told me the job would be around 700$ Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts