Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
Hey just salvaged seatbelts from 1988 Camaro and they do fit my 1991 Allante.
we know they fit, but, are they EXACT or close in looks.

can you send me a pic?

·
Registered
1988 Allante.
189 Posts
I did the same for my 88 Allante.. they were EXACTLY the same, not just similar. I did use my original vinyl sleeve, the Camaro belts just lay loose, no cover.. but the buckle, and length were the same, and the color was as well
( mine are tan ) I got mine from an 88 Camero, by the way again the back belt buckles

·
Registered
1988 Allante.
189 Posts
Getting the belts out of the donar Camaro is pretty easy, especially if going to a pick your own part yard, they usually remove the lower back seat cushion for some reason, and after that it is just 1 large bolt to remove.

On your Allante, you have to take the seats out of the car to replace the belt, not difficult, just 4 allen wrench type screws, it is WAY easier to do if your seats will still move froward and back, after that take out the 4 screws, unplug the power connections underneath and lift the seat out , be careful, the seats are kinda bulky and weigh like 40 to 50 lbs I'd guess, and it's real easy to mistakenly drag them out across your door sill plates, and as you probably already know, finding a replacement for that is costly and difficult.

The belt buckle is bolted to the side of the seat. easy off and on.

·
Registered
91 allante
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I am as big around as I am tall I was doing it to make a seatbelt extender. The only place I found that had them wanted $150.00 for them and the local Caddy dealer laughed at me when I asked about them so being the typical Southern boy I am I made my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts