Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
NONE (YET)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intermittently the driver seatbelt light will come on. Sometimes just flashes a couple of times, sometimes stays on longer, occasionally get the chimes as well. Haven't found any pattern (bumps, shifting in the seat, moving the seat) which causes it. The clip seems to be fully engaged so my assumption is that it's just a wiring thing. I do have the seat all the way back so I'm wondering if it's stretched or caught up somewhere. Can't feel anything obvious down the side of the seat (though I don't know what it should feel like.

Anything I should check/do before taking it in to dealer?

Thanks
Tom

12,778 Posts
What model year is your V, Tom? I'm sorry to hear about your warning light concerns; please email me at [email protected] if you would like me to check for any recalls that may currently be open on your vehicle. Including the last eight of your VIN in your email message would be very helpful!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem with my 3 week old 2013 sedan. My is for the passenger side though...first oil change I need to get it fixed...

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*
40 Posts
Chevy has always had issues with electrical. Same with ford an their transmissions. And dodge is just wrong.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
This is not a commonly reported problem on this car. Likely a sensor problem or detached plug. Should be easy to find with a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto
221 Posts
If you unplug the driver's side seat belt sensor, the car thinks the seat belt is connected (no light/no chime). That plug shouldn't be the problem.

I have put items in my passenger seat and the weight sensor then thinks the seat is occupied without the seatbelt. That can cause a warning light and chime.

12,778 Posts
I have the same problem with my 3 week old 2013 sedan. My is for the passenger side though...first oil change I need to get it fixed...

Hello MPNX2,

If you have concerns or questions you would like answered please let me know. Private message me on this forum and I can try my best to guide you in the right direction and provide assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts