Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased an '83 eldorado th4100. when i test drove the car everything on the inside worked flawlessly, save the mirror remotes. the seat controls were my favorite. yesterday morning, on my way to school, i wa adjusting the seat to allow more room for the back passengers. i parked, then went to class. about 20 minutes later, some of my classmates wanted to see my new ride, so i went to show them. i started the car, and it started without hesitation, and i went to move the seat, and nothing happened. whenever i move the control stick, the moror clicks once then stops. all of the lights in the cab dim whenever i move the controls (all seat controls make this noise) if i play with it for about 10 cseconds, i can get the seat to move forwards or reverse about 1/2 inch, then it will stop. i looked at the motor under the seat, and when i move the controls, a little red bar with a black rubber bushing spins a little, then when i release the control, it spins in the opposite direction. the problem has me baffeled. any help will be greatly appreciated. :worship: sorry to make the so long

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
It sounds like your seat track is jamming. See if anything is caught in the teeth, like change or something. Do any of the other directions work when it is stuck, like tilt?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as i kno nothing is in the way of the track. i was just playing with it about 5 min ago, and i got all of the controls to work at one time or another. and i found out that there is an up and down motion as well. i got it to go up and down, then i wanted it to go up again, and it started to click again. i have no clue what could be wrong. could it be that i just need some WD40? thanks for your help

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Maybe your seat transmission is dry. When it winds up when you are trying to move it, do any of the cables move? If not, then look for a lubrication hole on the transmission.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just unhooked 2 of the cables, and when i unhooked them i pressed the corisponding switch, and the cable spun, but then i pluged them back in, and the same clicking noise happened. after some more tinkering, i finally got all of the switches to work, but sometimes i will press the switch, and it will sound like the cable is stripping the inlet. it makes a skipping sound, kinda like a ratchet. if i press it the other direction then pressit in the origonal direction, it will work. i didnt see a lubercation hole, but i did spray WD40 on some of the rams, and the track, and that seemed to help a little. thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts