Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since I got car back from transmission shop the memory for the driver's seat will not stay set. If I use the remote to unlock the car, as soon as I put the key in the ignition the seat moves forward and tilts forward. If I press the seat button on the door it return to the saved position. I have tried to re-save/set the seat memory but still does the same thing. Could transmission repair have anything to do with seat memory? Car is 96 SLS

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
OOO let me jump on this boat with ya! Mine does almost the same thing, sometimes Ill put the key in the ignition and it will start to recline the seat back and wont stop! I have to hit the button to get it to stop, when i push the button it will stop. It does it every so often, I pulled the panel on the drivers door hoping to find a green/corroded connector but they all looked good.

Only thing I can think of is I only have one remote. #2 remote. But I dont think it should have a mind of its own even if you only have one remote.

Damn 96' models, have all the funny quarks in them from gm switching over to OBD-II. O well.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Look at the back of the remote. Are you setting the correct number?

My memory seats misfunction some of the time also. All of my Cadillacs have at some point.

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
Two things: I had quirky memory seat on my '97 - it would change positions while I was driving...very dangerous. After this happened on the highway, I took it to my dealer who said it was a known problem and they changed the memory chip in on-board module. So far, all is good so maybe it was one of those silent recalls. Also, I think there is a feature within the INFORMATION button (look at your manual) where you can tell it to not change settings based on the key going into the ignition. Once you turn that off, the only way to change from "1" to "2" is by hitting the buttons on the driver's door panel.

·
Registered
97 SLS
114 Posts
My 97 SLS does the periodic full recline of the seat when I put the #1 key in. I just push the #1 preset and it goes back to where I had set it. It only happens once and a while. Any solutions yet?

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
we are running into the same sort of problem. key fob #1 will unlock and move the seats into position, but key fob 2 will unlock and not move the seats, until the key is inserted in the ignition and then the seat will move. does anyone know how to reprogram the memory on 2 so that it unlocks and moves the seats? in the transmitter programming in the cars computer, both key fobs have no MMM codes. any help? the gas tank and the trunk unlock work on both fobs. the seats dont move on the 2nd fob. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts