Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Coupe
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

So here is my question...my CTS Coupe (black leather interior) has been diagnosed by the dealership as having a deformed cushion. This is on the driver seat near the door. They diagnosed it this way after I advised them that the cushion felt prematurely flat there and as a result it seemed to be causing some issues with the leather - the seat is starting to develop more and more shallow cracks which are an eyesore - but also is a bit uncomfortable since there is a feeling of lack of cushioning. In any case, the dealership advised they would replace the cushion, but not the leather. I can purchase the leather cover myself for $230 and get it installed free as they have to remove the cover anyway to replace the cushion. Here is the dilemma...the cushion is a $40 part online...the leather cover is around $140. How hard a job is this? Is it worth it for me to just to pay them around $250 with tax or get the job done myself under $200? Anyone ever taken their seat cover/cushion off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
479 Posts
I have a 2011 Coupe that had a crack in the bottom seat cover. The dealer replaced it under warranty. If yours are cracked already I wouldn't think it would take much to assure it is cracked through.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Unless you can get it done under warranty, I would just pay them to do it. It's probably worth the ~50 bucks.

Shakey

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
10 Posts
I have a 2011 CTS coupe with cashmere leather. The driver bottom part seat cover has fading in the leather. How hard of a diy is it to remove and install a new oem seat cover? Just the bottom portion.

·
Registered
2009 CTS Sedan 3.6L DI
24 Posts
Where did you find the cushions and the leather online? I have Grey interior and I want black, so this is probably my cheapest route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts