Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 cts coupe performance edition
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and just want to start by saying hi and telling you folks I own a 2013 CTS Coupe with the performance edition it has about 6500 miles and I am having a problem with the seat exit/return memory. When turn off the car
and open the door the seat moves back (that's good) when you enter the car and start it the seat does not move back to the memory set position. Has anyone else
Experineced this issue and if so how do I fit it. It was working fine, now it is not.
Please help. Thanks in advance, Joe

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Welcome to the coupe club! Sorry you're having problems with the seat memory. I have not experienced any problems with mine. Hopefully someone who has experienced this same issue can offer advice.
I would suggest double checking the easy entry/exit setting in the DIC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have checked DIC and it is turned on. This not a big deal I can always press the memory 1 button, just wondering why it happened.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
I had the problem once, but finally figured out I accidently grabbed the second key fob, my spare, and I had not set the memory settings for it. It took me a while to see that the number 1 or 2 was on the bottom of each fob.

I also noticed there were time I started opening the door before I turned the key to the off position. Then I had the opposite problem, the seats did not go all the way back. When I got in I couldn't figure out why they weren't moving forward but were already there.

In my case, I determined its a bitch getting old. The memory (mine not the car) is working properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know about forgetting things, like this all started when I took the car to the dealer to replace the cracked case on the fob. They said all they did was replace the plastic case not the whole fob, I don't know.
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Try going to this

cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/221075-entry-exit-problem-2011-cts-coupe.html

Search is your friend, if you use it. Really, there is a ton of info on this site that you can find yourself by either reading threads or using the search function at the top right of this page.

Hope this helps, Marv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts