Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys how is it that I need to replace the controls on both front seats
The driver's side has went nutty on the forward aft movement(reversed) and now the side bolsters don't work on both sides(yet the passenger side controls are arely used)
What causes this?
Moisture? wear? Age??
My dad's h2 is doing the same on the side bolster and has limited track travel due to this
Just hate to know how much this is going to cost

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can both seats have the same issue though(both don't work on the bolster)

My dad's h2 hasn't been driven in winter and the bolster control on the driver's seat doesn't work(I think his is the switch)

I plan on taking one of them to the dealer as I don't have a tech-2 yet(planning on getting real soon though) to figure it out better

----------

Mind posting the link to your thread and I will try it out after I have checked the readouts with the tech-2 as I am going to see if I can get my dad to let me take his h2 in as it has limited travel and he can't drive the truck due to that

His goes so far back then the motor shuts off
Mine just tries to keep going

It's just weird how both my front seats have the bolster issue

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huge thanks for the link

The tech-2 can read the seat sensor position(and allow you to control it also) I have seen this done on mine first hand so it will help(going to be getting my own if the dealer won't help me figure it out but they normally do help)

My dad's h2 has the limited travel(moves so far then stops) when going from front to back of the tracks

I have looked under both seats and can both see and reach the sensor harness for that motor so if I can see where at on the sensor position it's getting the wrong data I can fix it(hopefully)
It's just got this weird clip holding it in place and is hard to work with just one hand under the seat

I will still need to figure out why the side bolsters stopped working on both trucks(weird how both stopped working at the same time)

Now to do some reading :)

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I know these trucks are bad for weird stuff when the battery goes bad
My dad's h2 would never level properly when it's battery was going south(among other stuff going crazy in the truck)
Though he had me install a brand new battery not long ago in it

Mine though has a few years on the battery but it's not gave me issues from it so far

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.