Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Seville and I have to get to the shoulder belt retractor. It's covered on the back of the seat by a plastic strip that goes from the power headrest support to the bottom of the seat. I can't see how the piece can be removed and it's not covered in the factory manual.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
El Dobro said:
I have a 98 Seville and I have to get to the shoulder belt retractor. It's covered on the back of the seat by a plastic strip that goes from the power headrest support to the bottom of the seat. I can't see how the piece can be removed and it's not covered in the factory manual.
My advice on this one would be go to your dealer and ask them about it. Second go to a large bookstore or library and see if they have a book about your car. Look it up and go from there. I check my chiltons tom. for you.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the factory manuals on my cars. The removal process is not covered at all. I figured it out by peeking around with a light and an inspection mirror. I removed the covers on both seats and can also see the work done to the seats by the dealer. Now that I have them apart, I can make the correct repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts