Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried doing a search but nothing came up, On my wifes lexus there where codes I could enter to disable the seatbelt reminder. Is there anyway to do this on the V?

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Yes, to stop the chime, and it works great, really great, fasten your seatbelt when you get in.

i be bad

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto
221 Posts
If you unplug the seat belt sensor under the seat, the car thinks the seat belt is always fastened. The chime never sounds again.

It is a two-wire plug that runs to the female end of the seat belt. The plug is attached to the bottom of the seat. It is toward the inside (transmission hump) from the power seat wires/motors.

The wires to the seat belt sensor are easy to spot - they are the only wires headed toward the center of the car. You need to access it from the back seat - put the front seat all the way forward.

No, I am not going to ask why you want to disable your seat belt chime.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you unplug the seat belt sensor under the seat, the car thinks the seat belt is always fastened. The chime never sounds again.

It is a two-wire plug that runs to the female end of the seat belt. The plug is attached to the bottom of the seat. It is toward the inside (transmission hump) from the power seat wires/motors.

The wires to the seat belt sensor are easy to spot - they are the only wires headed toward the center of the car. You need to access it from the back seat - put the front seat all the way forward.

No, I am not going to ask why you want to disable your seat belt chime.
A+ Appreciate it, Thanks!

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
it only reminds you twice then it shuts the reminder off. So if you are using aftermarket harnesses, it wont keep bugging you while driving on the road coarse..

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found this plug but i can only get one hand in there, How do you pull these apart??

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto
221 Posts
The plug has a clip that holds the two sides together (like most automotive electrical connectors). It is hard to see the clip under the seat, but you need to see where the clip is on the connector (I think it is the bottom of the female side).

A small flat-blade screwdriver will lift the clip so the two sides of the plug will come apart. Push the screwdriver under the clip and leave the screwdriver there holding the clip in the released position. This can be done with one hand.

One side of the plug (female) is tightly wrapped in the wiring harness close to the power seat motors. If you can release the clip, you can just pull on the other side (male/seat belt side) with one hand.

Good luck.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOW ET WOW, Thanks for going the extra mile, I appreciate the pics. What made this easier was getting the cable off the clip so I could pull it back for better access like LOW ET said. Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
it only reminds you twice then it shuts the reminder off. So if you are using aftermarket harnesses, it wont keep bugging you while driving on the road coarse..
I think W4M nailed it because that's how mine worked. I'd get warning chimes the first couple of times I drove without the safety belt fastened, but after that, no more chimes. The safety belt light still flashes for a couple of minutes and then goes out, but no more chimes.

Rob

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Just be aware that big brother won't let Dawimism take its course and mandates that the airbag discharge more forcefully if the seat belt isn't fastened. Since I always wear my belt, I prefer the pull the sensor cable method so the system always thinks I'm belted in and I don't get those annoying chimes as I'm starting up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts