Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Catera Sport
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my newest addition a 2000 Catera the drivers seat buckle has something sticking out of it does anyone know what this means? The passenger buckle doesn't have it sticking out but looks like it's inside if I look in through a crack where the one on drivers side is coming out. Anyone seen this before on a vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
Are you talking about that bright yellow tab with the red triangle and ! point? What does your owners manual say about it?

KOT

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about that bright yellow tab with the red triangle and ! point? What does your owners manual say about it?

KOT
S**t I just looked again when I read your reply and at the very end of the belt restraint section it says this "
After a very minor collision, nothing may be necessary. But if the belts were stretched, as they would be if worn during a more severe crash, then you need new belts.

If you ever see a yellow label on the driver’s or the right front passenger’s safety belt buckle, that means to replace the buckle assembly. Be sure to do so. Then the new buckle assembly will be there to help protect you in a collision. "

So I'm Assuming at some point there was some kind of collision and the buckle wasn't replaced after said collision. Thanks KOT I had looked in manual but missed it the first time. Now need to get complete car proof records and see what kind of accident happened, what was damaged and repairs completed.

·
Registered
9,804 Posts
Now need to get complete car proof records and see what kind of accident happened, what was damaged and repairs completed.
Yeah good luck with that. I've bought two cars that were previously in a crash. One was apparent when I bought the car, the other wasn't until I removed the bumper cover. Both were not reported on CarFax or what not. I know that CarFax is only as good as what is reported. With that said, I'll never trust it.

I have a 2006 and I don't think that mine has that feature. It could be because it wasn't as good as it was intended for. Meaning, there could have been a lot of false positive. So it probably was taken out of being installed.

KOT

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah good luck with that. I've bought two cars that were previously in a crash. One was apparent when I bought the car, the other wasn't until I removed the bumper cover. Both were not reported on CarFax or what not. I know that CarFax is only as good as what is reported. With that said, I'll never trust it.

I have a 2006 and I don't think that mine has that feature. It could be because it wasn't as good as it was intended for. Meaning, there could have been a lot of false positive. So it probably was taken out of being installed.

KOT
I will pulling front bumper cover tomorrow now to see what's up. Thanks again KOT. What do you have in your fleet.? You said you had a 2006,?

·
Registered
9,804 Posts
Oh yeah, I have an 06 CTS. The 03 CTS was the replacement for the Catera line up.

You originally posted this thread in the Community Lounge, which is how I jumped in. But then it was soon moved by a mod. I was curious to know what that sign meant as well.

KOT

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, I have an 06 CTS. The 03 CTS was the replacement for the Catera line up.

You originally posted this thread in the Community Lounge, which is how I jumped in. But then it was soon moved by a mod. I was curious to know what that sign meant as well.

KOT
Nice man, ya knew that about the cts was the successor of the Catera. This is my 2nd Catera. Father in law has had 3 also so we know how to keep them running well.
I originally posted in Catera but didn't get any bites so tried the lounge and got you which is what I was hoping for. First time seeing it on all the Catera's we've had over the years and friends of mine who drive classic cars had no clue, it stumped me too.
Happy motoring in your CTS KOT.
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts