Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cadillac, What a ****ing joke!

So recently had a visit to my local dealer.....To replace a drivers side door weather seal (Part# 19168240) as it was all ripped up from the previous owner.
As it turns out our vehicles are super rare and thus many replacement "V specific" parts are no longer in existence.
If you so happen to be proactive and replace this piece as i did so myself, be ready to enjoy your standard STS ebony weather seal as you cannot purchase the V specific seal which is made out of suede. The standard weather seal around the door frame is some cloth stitching as apposed to the suede in our V's. My only reply would be, "Proper" as my frustration grows with this vehicle.

On to the next one.

I recently had my Lumbar support replaced at the dealer under warranty, needless to say like any other typical Cadillac dealer visit, The technician once again managed to break something.
This time he broke the "Back Panel" of the front drivers seat. I believe this is how they access the motor/module and all related seat position components. My service adviser was kind enough
to replace the part once i showed him that the technician broke it. A few weeks went by and they received the part, had me come in for service so they can replace it. Upon receiving my
vehicle from the dealer it was very obvious that the back panel was from the regular ebony STS and not a "V Specific" STS. The leather is more nibble and of lesser quality, you can also notice
a light colored stitching as apposed to black stitching on the V models.

So whats the point of this thread?

1. Service at Cadillac dealers are completely redundant, They will most likely break more things than they fix. I have plenty of stories just not enough time to type it all out.
2. In regards to buying a super duper rare super car like this V, you will most likely over time find it harder to locate parts. Or worst case scenario, you will not be able to locate
the parts at all.
3. Learn from my mistakes :annoyed:

Now folks don't get this thread twisted just yet, I am a huge Cadillac fanboy but at some point even i must admit defeat. The service from Cadillac simply lacks any standard. Nobody cares and thus
its a free for all when it comes to repairing a customers vehicle. The sad truth is i worked for this dealer for 5 Years so i am well aware of what goes on in each department as my line of work focused on dealing with every department necessary to operate a dealership. I was not looking for miracles or having the employees jump through hoops when having my vehicle serviced. You could say that i expected some sort of mutual respect between a paying customer and a technician completing the necessary repairs. I could go on forever but i rather not bore you to death.

Oh i almost forgot the most important part:

2007 STS-V Blk on Blk with 71,000km's is up for sale!!

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
My dealer also broke that back panel for the seat when fixing the lumbar support as well...
My car has the upgraded Tuscany leather ... I doubt that this replacement panel has the same leather that was used in production. I believe the V also has tuscany leather and just has the suede inserts so we both likely have 'base' model leather now on the seat backs.

I wasn't aware the door seal was suede wrapped, mine has also been replaced but since I'm not a V there wasn't a difference from what it had to what it has. That would really annoy me if I were you. Not sure that it would make me want to sell the car though.

----------

GMPartsDirect and GMPartsGiant seem to allow you to order the part 19168240 ... maybe Chris at RippyCadillac can obtain one of these for you?
Some dealers just don't want to spend the time to get the right parts.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Luda,

I think part of the problem is that the car is pre gm bankruptcy. They changed a lot of the vendors and suppliers after the bankruptcy.
As you stated i am stuck with the original Ebony leather back panel, not to mention the lack of a suede wrapped door seal...basically doing any repairs is somewhat redundant on these vehicles, you will not end up with an original setup but rather some sort of Frankenstein with pieces from the base model STS and some pieces if your lucky from a V series STS.

I am by no means cheap, i am willing to fork out the big bucks to keep my car in good standing, unfortunately GM cannot even supply me with quality original replacement parts. My only alternative would be to get rid of the car or stop driving it all together, keep it as a giant paper weight if anything.

P.S Its a good thing i shelled out a few thousand dollars for an extended warranty!!!!

What a JOKE, good job GM.

----------

----------

GMPartsDirect and GMPartsGiant seem to allow you to order the part 19168240 ... maybe Chris at RippyCadillac can obtain one of these for you?
Some dealers just don't want to spend the time to get the right parts.
lol!!!! Yeah for sure. Luda the issue is not about spending the extra time in order to obtain the correct parts. The issue is rather a seemingly complicated one, where GM has decided to shaft us V owners and provide us with base STS parts if we just so happen to be looking for a replacement. Upgraded tuscany leather you say? No problem we can always just give you a base model STS part and hope you don't bitch and moan. Door seal you say? No problem we can just give you the base model STS door seal, you don't need the suede anyway.
Its a good thing we all shelled out thousands of dollars for a premium luxury vehicle i tell ya.

The straw that broke the camel's back, General Motors can suck a fat dick for all i care. I truly hope this brand goes bankrupt.

·
Registered
15' Escalade Premium
170 Posts
The sad thing is,it's not just Cadillac. I am seeing a LOT of companies that are really sucking when it comes to consumer relations.

·
Registered
2007 Black Raven STS-V
254 Posts
that sucks man !

i feel bad for you :(

and what i wrote makes me thank god that my car is in mint condition from the inside

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
When I owned my first STS-V which had full bumper to bumper I was very disappointed wit the service department at every location I went to. The have not leaned from BMW & Mercedes how to treat customers or address concerns. I remember bringing my BMW 745i in for service at bmw and I complained a minor chip on the bmw emblem on the steering wheel. The replaced the entire airbag with emblem that day! Plus I was always offered my choice of BMW loaned caddy used enterprise rental s I was lucky if I got an impala though I did get a sts once.

Furthermore I would have to basically make a big scene before they would replace something like a fogged headlight under warranty.

When they replaced my engine I drop the car off as scheduled call a week late as to if my car was done the tell me "Oh tech needed to do the install flies in Monday" I mean did then not tell him ahead of time?

Seriously I think these other luxury car brands need to give GM service writers lessons.

In spite of all this I love GM and have owned many models especially rarer models I owned were 1990 Mclauren Turbo Grand Prix and 2005 Bonneville GXP.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
My lumbar is broken. Any suggestions on how to remove panel without breaking it

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Pull out at the bottom towards the rear seat then slide it downwards towards the floor. The clips on the top of the seat back are the ones that get broken off.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
When I owned my first STS-V which had full bumper to bumper I was very disappointed wit the service department at every location I went to. The have not leaned from BMW & Mercedes how to treat customers or address concerns. I remember bringing my BMW 745i in for service at bmw and I complained a minor chip on the bmw emblem on the steering wheel. The replaced the entire airbag with emblem that day! Plus I was always offered my choice of BMW loaned caddy used enterprise rental s I was lucky if I got an impala though I did get a sts once.

Furthermore I would have to basically make a big scene before they would replace something like a fogged headlight under warranty.

When they replaced my engine I drop the car off as scheduled call a week late as to if my car was done the tell me "Oh tech needed to do the install flies in Monday" I mean did then not tell him ahead of time?

Seriously I think these other luxury car brands need to give GM service writers lessons.

In spite of all this I love GM and have owned many models especially rarer models I owned were 1990 Mclauren Turbo Grand Prix and 2005 Bonneville GXP.
I've come to the same conclusion with GM on their warranty and service quality.

I bought a used 2005 Audi A6 a year ago from a Mercedes dealership to replace my old winter beater. With that used car purchase Mercedes gives me free Mobil 1 oil changes for life and even gives me new Mercedes C class if I don't want to wait at the dealership for the oil change. Audi is the same way, when I had some warranty work done on this 10 year old car they give me a new A6 TDI as a loaner, last time for a week.

When my first Corvette and Caddys were under warranty I'd end up with a Chevy Cavalier as a loaner car if I was lucky and the repair had to be anticipated to be longer than 8 hours before GM would approve the loaner.

I've been a GM man my whole life, owning a Honda Civic for six months (hated that car), and now the Audi that I love. I've had 26 GM vehicles. Other than a newer Escalade to replace my 05 in a couple of years I'll be looking at BMW, MB, and Audi for my cars going forward. If one of these German manufacturers made something closer to the Escalade I'd probably go that route. I never paid much attention to the German cars before buying my Audi a year ago, now I enjoy the vehicle enough that I notice the them much more now.

They do have their problems but they seem to go much more out of the way to address the issues than the domestic manufacturers go.

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
I always get an ATS when I bring my car in. Most recently a pretty loaded 15 Ats 2.0 turbo. Very nice and nimble car.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
19168240 is not discontinued and is about $100 bucks... what are you bitching about....

Also the 1SG REGULAR STS had Tuscany leather seats (optional on 1SF and 1SC)... same damn leather used in your V... also showing the rear trim readily available...

Only thing your seats differ is that you have the suede insert and inability to have cooling seats....

I think you need to find a better dealer and stop bitching about little issues youre having on an 8 year old car...

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
19168240 is not discontinued and is about $100 bucks... what are you bitching about....

Also the 1SG REGULAR STS had Tuscany leather seats (optional on 1SF and 1SC)... same damn leather used in your V... also showing the rear trim readily available...

Only thing your seats differ is that you have the suede insert and inability to have cooling seats....

I think you need to find a better dealer and stop bitching about little issues youre having on an 8 year old car...
I'd react the same way if I shelled out thousands on warranty that covered jack.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Did you read anything I said? The part is available kid, just not the same.

I swear some people don't even bother to read through the whole thread. Jumping to conclusion... I'm sorry but it simply makes you look uneducated.

The dealer ordered another back panel just to make sure it is the same. The current back panel have is a lighter shade of black, the leather is more nimble, and it uses a bright shade of grey stitching.

If only you could refrain from acting like such a child. Perhaps if you actually attempted to read the whole thread before posting useless and unnecessary information..

A special thanks for the worthless contribution.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
That's the fault of buying an aftermarket warranty. They typically don't cover shit. They are in the business of MAKING money. Most aftermarket warranties, hell even GMPP specifically states that trim weather stripping and water/air leaks into the cabin are NOT covered. Read the contract before you buy. That falls completely on the buyer.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the fault of buying an aftermarket warranty. They typically don't cover shit. They are in the business of MAKING money. Most aftermarket warranties, hell even GMPP specifically states that trim weather stripping and water/air leaks into the cabin are NOT covered. Read the contract before you buy. That falls completely on the buyer.
What on earth are you talking about?
I do not have an aftermarket warranty. I have an extended GMPP warranty on my vehicle but that is completely irrelevant in regards to this thread.

I do not have a problem with my warranty. Where did you come up with this?

My issue resides in the dealer breaking my drivers side back panel while in the process of repairing my lumbar support.

If you read through the actual thread you would have discovered that obviously 19168240 is available but "IT IS NOT SUEDE" I repeat "IT IS NOT SUEDE"

The part is cloth stitching from a regular STS, "NOT SUEDE" as in our V's.

The back panel is not $100.00 but rather $283.00 CAN. With the part installed it is clearly evident that it is not intended for the V.

-Lighter shade of black leather
-Leather feels more nimble
-Light Grey stitching.

Please use those wonderful eyes and actually read through the thread before posting absurd comments. This is a community built on helping one another, not bashing eachother.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
06WhiteDiamond said:
What on earth are you talking about? I do not have an aftermarket warranty. I have an extended GMPP warranty on my vehicle but that is completely irrelevant in regards to this thread. I do not have a problem with my warranty. Where did you come up with this? My issue resides in the dealer breaking my drivers side back panel while in the process of repairing my lumbar support. If you read through the actual thread you would have discovered that obviously 19168240 is available but "IT IS NOT SUEDE" I repeat "IT IS NOT SUEDE" The part is cloth stitching from a regular STS, "NOT SUEDE" as in our V's. The back panel is not $100.00 but rather $283.00 CAN. With the part installed it is clearly evident that it is not intended for the V. -Lighter shade of black leather -Leather feels more nimble -Light Grey stitching. Please use those wonderful eyes and actually read through the thread before posting absurd comments. This is a community built on helping one another, not bashing eachother.
I suggest you use them too. I was replying to this comment buddy

baller95 said:
I'd react the same way if I shelled out thousands on warranty that covered jack.
And to your comment I read every word of that and your complaint is the DEALER not CADILLAC.

Cadillac didn't tell the dealer to break parts or install the wrong ones. That happened at the DEALER level. Don't like what the dealer did then you have the power to take the car elsewhere. That speaks volumes about what your opinion of them is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts