Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04 Ext, 94 deville
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my fog lenses came off and both previously leaked so I removed both cleaned well and now want to replace them! Any suggestions on what to use that will last and seal well? I have a tube of rtv super silicone sealant! Think that will work? Dont want them flying off on highway when Im doin 90!:eek:

·
Registered
Cadillac Ext
4 Posts
I had one fall off the other day(sucks). Did you buy new ones? OR should get some off of ebay or just cut a piece of plastic and glue it on?

·
Registered
08 CTS
1,249 Posts
I've sealed up lights that I have opened to do HID retros on.

Ifyou fog lights have been leaking, (water inside) the chrome finish inside is probgone. Just buy a newset & call it a day.

·
Registered
04 Ext, 94 deville
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were leaking but still intact! Was washing other day and when I sprayed driver fog noticed lens moving! I reached down to touch it and fell right off so I got lucky! I just glued them back on with the RTV silicone and seem to be a ok so far!

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
I just bought a pair for $91 shipped from eBay. Drivers side fell off. Figured instead of having one new one and one 5 yrs old, I just get a new set...

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
Just received mine new ones yesterday. Install took 5 minutes per side. They were TYC replacements, but look feel, act just like factory.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade AWD
1,025 Posts
I was missing a lens off one of my fog lights. Cut a piece of plexiglass, glued it on with clear window silicone, cheap fix and works great. Replacement lens are available one fleabay. I heard good comments on the TYC repro sets, sure beats paying OEM prices!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts