Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Bandpass is the worst setup to go with, it only good for making $25 woofer sound better than they are, because your covering up the sloppy signal . Ported can sound very nice if tune properly, and you stick to music that is close in deep frequencies. But for all type of music your best setup will always be sealed, it will give you tight clean and accurate bass.

· Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
cl1986 said:
Bandpass -- Worst setup?? Is that why bose has all bandpass subs on their home theater system? Or maybe $2000 speakers are cheap and crappy, depends what you are looking at. I guess im lookings at the $500 and less here, lets not get rediculous. Really the bandpass is a sealed enclousure with a ported encosure so you get the best of both boxes in one package. Yeah! By the way MTX?? those are cheap speakers.
Wow that hurt, get a LIFE. I have these "cheap" MTX speaker because they retailed at $250-$300 and I got them for $52 each so yes they are cheap. I knew some idiot would bring up the highly tuned and advance BOSE bandpass that are multiple chambered, but too bad we're talking about car audio which is totally different. All bandpass is mainly crappy because you have to tuned their boxes incredibly well for them to perform decent on multiple frequencies, your basic bandpass enclosure will sound like crap next to the rest. Unless you like sloppy hard hitting bass, if thats the case get a pair of 15's.

· Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
A few years ago I had a 92 Accord with two Cerwin Vega/Vega series 15's in a giant ported box that was ported into the cabin. The bass was a bit sloppy, but got so loud you couldn't tell! Lets remeber these are all opinions, I just have a meaner way of getting mine out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.