Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,540 Posts
ports?

Dude, the best bass i have heard would be a bandpass box, my 10" kickers sound like other people 12's. Some people still dont believe me when i tell them they are 10's, because you cant see them, i dont have any glass on the box at all. I put 4 small 1.5" ports on the box and it sounds and feels great!!

· Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,540 Posts
Bandpass -- Worst setup?? Is that why bose has all bandpass subs on their home theater system? Or maybe $2000 speakers are cheap and crappy, depends what you are looking at. I guess im lookings at the $500 and less here, lets not get rediculous. Really the bandpass is a sealed enclousure with a ported encosure so you get the best of both boxes in one package. Yeah! By the way MTX?? those are cheap speakers.

· Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,540 Posts
Well i guess thats alright if im an idiot, but i have built about 20 bandpass boxes from scratch, and yup, most of them dont sound that great. But what happens, when you do put a good speaker in one, its amazing. I have some $8 subs from jcwhitney that dont sound too bad in a bandpass, so yes, they do make cheap speakers sound better. I did get lucky on two of the boxes i made. One was in an 86 monte carlo, and one was in a honda accord. The monte has the 2 10" kickers and distortion?, I only have a 50 watt/channel amp on them so there is none of that. But they do sound as good as some poeple with 300 watts on each 12" woofer that they designed. So I am very pleased with them. Then came the honda accord, that blew my mind. One 12" rockford in a gigantic bandpass with dual 3" ports, holy cow. He put a good clean 200 watts on that with a lightning cap and that shook the whole car. By the way, older honda accords are awesome cars for stereos. Its like they were designed to be ugraded. Oh, bandpasses dont sound worth a shit unless you set the crossover to 50 Hertz and less. Besides, your good high end speakers will reprodue the rest of the frequenices anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.