Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS, 3.6 w/Sport Package
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search function does not seem to bring up anything. Anyone know of any posts / threads that discuss programming a new air bag control module ? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Search function does not seem to bring up anything. Anyone know of any posts / threads that discuss programming a new air bag control module ? Thanks.
The only thing I've seen is that they're a one shot deal. A used module cannot be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
What is it that you need to know?
Yes you need to set the SDM up.
The setup is like reprogramming.
Yes you may use a used SDM. You must set it up or it will not work in the new car. If the used SDM has a latched code it would be junk.

·
Registered
2006 CTS, 3.6 w/Sport Package
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AJ, Thanks for the assist.
Local shop, very good / reputable guy, who I had do some work on the AC, asked him to look at the issue of airbag indicator light staying on, changed the SDM but still could not clear the airbag indicator lights, says needs to go to Cad dealer to program. I am assuming only Cad Dealer has equipment to program / reprogram(used unit). Out of warranty, 72K miles, was hoping to avoid dealer service rates, do you see any other alternative ? (I already bought an 06 as new ride and going to sell the 03 but want to make sure the airbags are working before selling, do not want anything bad happening on my conscience.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts