Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
muahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I have been watching willitblend for ever.
this is the video of an iPhone vs a blendtec blender
(its a pro blender with a high horsepower motor) :)

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

feel free to look around.

they even have a vid of dumping nearly 6 karats worth of cubic zirconia (hardness of 8.5 while diamond is a ten) and the thing literally powders it.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Why does everyone love to shit on the Macintosh products?

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
787 Posts
I'm not sure if people actually hate the Apple products or the majority of people who use them.

I personally don't hate Apple products. The ones I've used are useful and easy to use but their lack of customization is what kept me away. And before the Intel switch their lack of x86 compatibility and thus lack of hardware made PC the best thing.

But lately as more of my friends switch over to Apple I sense a change in a few of their attitudes. Mostly the whole "I'm hip and trendy and better then you" ordeal.

Hell the Apple ads, the ones with the guy in a brown suit as the PC and the young cooling guy as the Apple, further add to this.

Maybe thats just how I see it. I had the iPhone for a few days and frankly it is awesome in terms of features. But the battery life makes it sort of pointless and the fact that I lost signal just about every where made me just give up on it. I'll wait for the next generation models.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I'm with Railven- it's their self-proclaimed hipness that annoys me. I find the Mac/PC ads insulting, as with any advertising that criticizes the competitor instead of selling their own product.

I love my iPod, but when I see someone wearing the special shirt with a built-in iPod holder in the sleeve I want to kick them in the throat.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
I was raised on Macs. 6100's and 7100's specifically. Played Chuck Yeagers Air Combat for years. Had a bad ass 33.6 modem. Great computer. Then.

3 words: No Right Click. I will gladly take all of the PC's reliability issues and viruses,as long as i can right click.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I'm a mac man...less viruses and from what I hear better reliability. I've never owned one, I've had PC's my entire life, and they've all been alright, but I believe the main reason we've never had a Mac is because my mother bought both of our desktops so she could run her business programs on it, and I don't believe they'll work on Mac, and I guess I always thought most computer games wouldn't work on Mac's. But now she's got her own laptop so that doesn't matter, and I don't game as much anymore, so that doesn't matter.

So yeah, Mac is next for me. But I won't be smug about it.

If people like destroying things that come from brands that have a "smug" or slightly "arrogant" aura, then where are all the videos of Priuses and BMW's getting destroyed? I'd love to see some vid's of Priuses getting ****ed up!

Neat video though, they basically turned that thing into coffee grounds!

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
Top Gear had a dude with a machine gun tear up a Prius. I loved it.
Apple brings most of the shit on themselves with their ads; FUD and soforth; and general prickishness about the whole "I'm a mac and my shit don't stink". Computers are computers -they crash, they get virii, they have bugs and a MTBF. I've used both, grew up with both; we had a PC at home and ][es, Classics, and eventually PowerPCs at school. I just liked the PC better, as it had more software, more user options, and the like. I still use and own Apples and respect their hardware, as it is often stellar (when it's not it's laughable rubbish though; and they tend to folow up on brilliance with blunders; witness the Lisa, with a tool-free case, followed by the Macintosh, a computer so blastedly difficult to disassemble that any competent computer store will STILL know what a "Mac Screwdriver" is!).

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I was also aware of the length of time it stayed on. Pretty amazing. Non the less I'll bet that Blendtec sales go up 10%.

That's a pretty serious blender.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts