Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone's screen getting scratched when it raises and lowers? I just had mine replaced due to vertical scratches on it. The new screen still has the protective film over it from the factory and it is already scratched. It looks like the screen might be tilted forward more than it should. The dealer says that they don't know of any adjustments but that I should keep the film on until Monday and bring it in again so they can look at it. Do you guys know of any adjustments that aren't well documented?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
While not an answer to your question, a few months back I noticed an irregularity at the bottom of my screen. A little poking and I realized that it was a piece of protective film that had been left in the works. I carefully pulled it out as I worried it would have eventually caused scratches if it had been left it.

I am doubtful that this is your problem as one would expect a replacement screen installation would have found the cause of the scratching and removed it if this were your issue.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While not an answer to your question, a few months back I noticed an irregularity at the bottom of my screen. A little poking and I realized that it was a piece of protective film that had been left in the works. I carefully pulled it out as I worried it would have eventually caused scratches if it had been left it.

I am doubtful that this is your problem as one would expect a replacement screen installation would have found the cause of the scratching and removed it if this were your issue.
Yea, that's the remnants of the factory screen protector that you found. It wouldn't have scratched the screen since it was attached to the screen and moved with it. Hopefully they'll be able to figure the problem out quickly.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
Yea, that's the remnants of the factory screen protector that you found. It wouldn't have scratched the screen since it was attached to the screen and moved with it. Hopefully they'll be able to figure the problem out quickly.
Quite correct but I worried that it would eventually work its way loose and could cause trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts