Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
08 Cadillac cts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scratched my dashboard at the edge is it possible to repair? or what is the material it is made of since i now found out the hard way its not leather, please see my photos of the damage or section am referring to

20150430_200924.jpg

20150430_200931.jpg

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
I have the similar issue. I think you have to replace the entire piece and it won't be cheap. I just live with it.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I think it's nauga (plastic fake leather) and you might be able to find a repair kit. Sorry, I don't know where, but I would start with eBay or google.

I'll do some searching and report back.

Marv

·
Registered
08 Cadillac cts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i found this repair kit, whats your thoughts ? (No Heat Liquid Leather & Vinyl Repair Kit Fix Holes Burns Rips Gouges)

Capture2.JPG

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
I never used the no-heat kits. I'd imagine this is like a "glue" for lack of a better term. I did use a kit that took heat to activate it. The kit worked well, and the vinyl I was repairing melted in seemlessly. The hardest part was mixing the right color match. If it were me, I'd hate to have to wait for a mix to dry. The heat one, once heat was applied, took about a minute or so to set up, and if it didn't melt exactly like you want, you can reheat it and work it a bit. So I'd do a heat applied kit.

·
Registered
08 Cadillac cts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your right i think the heated ones would be better from the youtube vids i have been watching so far..am going to give it a try

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
you will get enough of the material to work with....so do this, practice on a piece of cardboard. See how long to heat it. Try the different graining papers. See how long it takes to cure. Then when you feel comfortable, do the dash, and hopefully it's only a 1 and done, no redo's.

·
Registered
08 Cadillac cts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys but now i have a bigger issue i think i blow my engine...i need to find the engine section

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
thanks guys but now i have a bigger issue i think i blow my engine...i need to find the engine section
That wasn't the kind of update we were looking for. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts