Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hell if I know

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Hes both, I dont really know what to do with him at this point. his posts are never on topic and almost always flames

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
He does make some points whether people accept them or not, and I've seen much worse.

I have no love or hate for the guy, and I used to have issue with him a couple of years ago on firearm threads, but when he does make a legit point, many people seem to jump on him and I'm not sure if that's fair either?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I havent seen worse on this site. hes the only person who spouts nonsense in every thread that doesnt relate to the topic and is never backed up by anything other than his own opinion stated as uncontroverted fact.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
its not that I hate him, its that i have to watch the CI forum more closely because he offers nothing but flamebait and BS

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Brett said:
I havent seen worse on this site.
Oh, I've seen worse, and here's an example of it today after our little "Peter Jennings" thread discussion.....I've actually never seen Scourge do this where he tries to bait someone out of spite the next day with a "set up" thread.............

ie.......

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49013

but then, this is about Scourge. ;) Scourge does make some historically accurate points, etc.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I also think that everyone should stay off Scourges back and let's see how far HRS will "take it" with him. Those two seem to go at it pretty hard also.

But I wouldn't add to the intensity by jumping on Scourge, especially when he is trying to make some half-way decent points...like I've seen today.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
EVERYONE in there hates Scourge. Sorry Ralph, I think you're missing this one because of your dislike for HRS(Scourge's main nemesis). Scourge baits people in every thread he posts in, its really all he does.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
I voted troll. He seems to be looking for trouble and his angry posting shows that he is actually genuine in what he says. His flames aren't for the sole purpose of calling names, I really think he believes what he says, be it aggressive or not.

I've talked to him personally after a debate and I got a little inside scoop on the reason the way he is. I don't think he's a bad guy at all, just very impulsive and proud. Bipolar disorder wasn't out of the question either...

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Brett said:
EVERYONE in there hates Scourge. Sorry Ralph, I think you're missing this one because of your dislike for HRS(Scourge's main nemesis). Scourge baits people in every thread he posts in, its really all he does.
I understand what you are saying, and I guess I might be biased (because I still have blood on my hands from last nights kill) but the guy makes some points...and I can recognize GOOD POINTS despide any bias ;) .....here is one example......

"Saturn is UAW and had their own special contract - might still have a different one than the rest.

Unions do exist in the South.

Unions supported Gore and Kerry so national politicians have nothing to do with it. Much of it has to do with ineffective local reps and national leaders living like the robber barons of the 19th Century.

Its not politics but rather a leadership disconnect at all levels. Can't speak for every union in the US but I have witnessed this firthand over the past decade. Why pay for services not rendered? Nissan/Toyota/Honda factories don't have unions because they have better policies and many union people see this here in the South while paying for a union and having fewer benefits." - Scourge

This was a more than reasonable point by Scourge, yet everyone jumps on him??!! I guess in the end, I'm not fooled by who the REAL flame baiter troll is around here, and I will take Scourges strong opinionated statements that have some logic OVER a childish flame-baiter fundamentalist. Barr none! I've also shown that HRS CANNOT accept an opinion other than his own, so I say everyone else should just steer clear of Scourge and let him deal with it. Adding fuel to the fire does not help anything...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
yeah but that was 1 post out of the whole thread, I believe in the next 4 posts he flamed 3 different people

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Brett said:
yeah but that was 1 post out of the whole thread, I believe in the next 4 posts he flamed 3 different people
Do you think it could be that he's just becomming defensive? I mean, with more people jumping on him anyone might react that way. Didn't Davesdeville just leave because some people piled on him and he lashed out and then left..

I don't think Dave will be back, and Scourge tends to leave for months on end and we hardly ever see him, etc....

It just seems to me that the guy will try to make a point, but then he gets pounded......

The guy will lash out and namecall sometimes.....

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Scourge is certainly sharp-tongued and sarcastic, but he's a good balance to a lot of people who dish it out, but can't take it. Not just HRS, either. And he's funny as hell, too.

Oh, and Scourge is correct when he says "no rights are absolute". That's why constitutional amendments are called "amendments" - they are alterations to the constitution. Difficult to do, but not absolute.

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The constitution was written to limit government powers, not deligate our rights. The founders of this country were smart, but there are some things that could have been better done in the constitution. Here's something to think about: if the 2nd amendment were to be eliminated, and people were to happily go along with it, what would they do when the government decides to dictate every aspect of our lives? Do you honestly think that we could have voted our freedom from the ****ing brits? No, and this example right here, which ONLY touches the issue of the second amendment - not other freedoms or the philosophies thereof, shows the one downfall the founders made. They made it possible so that the government could gain power, and the rights of the people could be stripped away. I mean seriously ralph, you couldn't complain if an amendment was made to the constitution allowing the government to come into your home at any time for any reason, would you? After all, it's not absolute....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts