Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up yesterday and so far I like it . It just needs more bottom end it feels a little soggy at lower rpm. It handles and drives great like a 2 ton shifter go cart .wow gm did there homework on that baby can't wait to take it to the road course . I think a pulley and tune will make all the difference what combos have you all done to wake em up ? I don't want it to go in the 10s at the drags because nj requires a cage anything past 11.50'. Also what drag radials do you use for drag racing . And what type of tires on the road course, I think it's going to need bigger sway bars who has the best . I'm a ford guy this is a new game for me any help would be appreciated . It's pretty dam good stock but I know there's more in it .

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Picked it up yesterday and so far I like it . It just needs more bottom end it feels a little soggy at lower rpm. It handles and drives great like a 2 ton shifter go cart .wow gm did there homework on that baby can't wait to take it to the road course . I think a pulley and tune will make all the difference what combos have you all done to wake em up ? I don't want it to go in the 10s at the drags because nj requires a cage anything past 11.50'. Also what drag radials do you use for drag racing . And what type of tires on the road course, I think it's going to need bigger sway bars who has the best . I'm a ford guy this is a new game for me any help would be appreciated . It's pretty dam good stock but I know there's more in it .
Dude, you keep posting in the lounge. Take it over to V.

For your answer, I have Kooks headers, a Lingenfelter intake tube and harmonic balancer 10% overdrive pulley with a tune. My V is about 630hp at the crank. Works great on the road course.

As for drag radials, go with 305/35 18 Mickey Thompsons on Corvette C5 Z06 rims. With my mods and drag radials, low 11s should be in your future...

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
:histeric:

Oh you guys.

Vs respond quite well to modifications. New S/C pulley, tune, CAI, I'd imagine there's a LOT of stuff out there. I've seen V2s with 900 whp. No, that's not a typo.

Wander over to the V forum. I'd imagine those guys will be able to help you out waaaay more than me. Good luck! :D

EDIT--- Jim beat me to it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
needstires said:
2012 v sedan thunder gray recaros no sun roof auto . Traded my 2010 Shelby GT 500 with only 3k miles on it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts