Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thank you all for the welcomes, i indeed feel that way. Well, as i said in my intro I'm 18yrs old and purchased a one owner 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville with 86k original miles. It has the 4.9L engine. All my buddies have the Foxbody Mustang's or Camaro's of the same era. I wanted something different for my first "Go Fast" High School hot rod. I test drove a 1992 Camaro with the 5.0L (305) the day day before i test drove my Caddy and to my surprise my caddy ran just as hard as the Camaro did ! I know there isn't a lot of performance options for the 4.9L and I have already installed a custom cold air intake, ran stainless 2.5" exhaust with a Flow Master 40 muffler, eliminated the cat, advanced the timing and fitted it with a complete MSD tune up. I'm also doing some unique cosmetics. I will be totally honest, i plan on hot rodding my Caddy and taking it to the drag strip. I've seen these 4.9's turn high 13's in the 1/4mile. Are there any other tip's that won't brake the bank ?
Thanks again ! :confused:

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
The guys on the Fiero forums like to hot rod 4.9's a lot more than this forum. These transmissions aren't the strongest either so enjoy the car while it's still driving.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, with the lack of replies i guess i chose the wrong forum site and the wrong car ! :(

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
Yup, we hate to see nice original low mileage Caddys get ruined by youngsters. You should have bought a Camaro and the possibilies would be endless. Schools out.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Yes we do... What you have to understand is there are very little aftermarket go fast goodies for these. Camaro's and others have support from aftermarket so bolt on options are limited. And the trans in these is weaker than other makes so beating on it will break something.

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Sounds like you've done what you can do to the 4.9L already. Maybe ohm test the injectors and make sure they're within parameters, if not, replace them all. A proper tune is about it! Yes, this guy is a young Cadillac owner, and this car may very well get ruined! Who cares! It's always good to see a young person appreciate cars they aren't supposed to like! My first car was a 1-owner 104k mile 83 Seville Elegante in 1999, the HT4100 was driven hard at times but well maintained, I did all I could to keep it nice, but it sat outside and was wornout when I sold it. But at 31 now I have a 88 Eldorado Biarritz, and 92 Allante that are very well maintained in my garage that I treat like gold. His next Cadillac will be loved, this one will get used and abused and get him hooked on Cadillacs!

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Fast, cheap, missable Cadillac? '94-'96 Fleetwood. Lots of possibilities with the LT1, or take advantage of the ability to drop something special under the hood. Oh, and it's RWD.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
No aftermarket support for these cars. Anything you want to do, you will have to do yourself. If you asking questions about what to do, then you are clearly not able to do it yourself. Kind of a bad place to be. You should have bought the Camaro.

·
Registered
DeVille
13 Posts
http://www.nathanbittinger.com/fieroaddiction/caddy49h

----------

Don't let anyone discourage you. Your idea is cool. The 4.9 is a great motor. If you replace the transmission from a reputable transmission rebuilder/ remanufacturer, oftentimes it will come with upgraded internall components that make it better than the factory. That will help you not blowup everything right away.

This guy fabricated a supercharger from a GM 3800 v6, on to an Allante intake for his 4.9. If i remember correctly, he also ported the heads and put valve springs from a Camero. So these guys were closer than they knew.

----------

Here's the link to the build thread. He has some videos on YouTube as well

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/127611.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts