Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
981 Posts
Careful - my first bunk in USS PIPER (SS 409) was in the After Torpedo Room. The upper bunk just port of the escape trunk skirt.

Scroll around in this website - PAMPANITO is an exact sister ship to PIPER.

Scroll down the main page and read the directions - you can scroll and pan up,down, sideways to any place in each compartment. ................. memories .......... an hour of interest.

Thanks! I took the entire tour when I saw this in another post of yours. I found it so interesting I spent 2-3 hours or more 'on board'. Would be great to see it in person.

Ha, I think he meant the 'human body's aft tube' ?

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
725 Posts
EDIT at 0948 EST - FWIW, I just did some in-site snooping for member "Nicole Bill". Well, son of a bitch !!!! It's a non-posting scammer from Lagos, Nigeria ! Now permanently gone. It was using a slew of rotating proxy addresses. That's how you got the PM ("Conversation") just like I did a few days ago...............
Nice catch Sub!

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
202 Posts
Careful - my first bunk in USS PIPER (SS 409) was in the After Torpedo Room. The upper bunk just port of the escape trunk skirt.

Scroll around in this website - PAMPANITO is an exact sister ship to PIPER.

Scroll down the main page and read the directions - you can scroll and pan up,down, sideways to any place in each compartment. ................. memories .......... an hour of interest.

I always seem to put my foot in my mouth in this forum! :censored:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What foot in whose mouth??? Chill out - no one's picking on you - we all banter back and forth.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
YAH...

And the sub tour was bitchin' Only seen them from movies before.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
202 Posts
Way to go! :)

Just nailed another spammer from Punjab, Pakistan. "stoveadam"
Seems to be a lot of scammers coming here. I read that they try to target people with a lower IQ since they are easier prey, so I'm guessing that the act of purchasing a Cadillac seems to put us all in that category.
I've also been in a metal detecting group for the past 6 years and as yet have not heard of any scammer activities on that site.

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Any forum-type website is prey for spammers/scammers. This one, like several other automotive forums, is a good target due to lots of participation and the sheer number of active members. Long-time members are pretty good at sniffing out the scum. An unwanted unrecognized PM (Private Message)("Conversation") hit would be a pure shot in the dark. The dirtball may have tried another dozen or so attempts before we nailed him.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
I spied near a dozen in ALL CHINESE in a massive strike in the wee hours this am (and all in Lounge hmmmm). Needless to say thanks for Mods fumigating everything soon after.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
567 Posts
another bunch just posted by
isjfjkakal416

reported all posts and member name.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
This morning I reported one that posted Chinese in the subject line and body.

When I opened up a thread to report it, a couple of the ads on the right were Chinese too. So far they’re back to English.

KOT

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
KOT - I sent you a PM when you did the Report. Thanks.

Be very careful when opening stuff in a spammer's threads/posts. It may well be infected.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
I had been wondering what spared another car forum under this host from the past 2 day's similar 'Chinese invasion'. Alas, just 2 hours ago came an even dozen of exactly the same type. Not exactly the same handle, but also a string of letters and then numerals, and all in a single section. Happily for all there's been plenty of Views, but no Replies - so far.

Considering the 42 weekly release updates since the new platform rollout, just wondering what the difficulty of programming against such clearly blatantly obvious scammers.

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You might go to the mentioned forum/website and post a warning in the affected thread and in any Lounge-type forum. Perfectly OK to mention CF and our experiences.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Good idea and just now posted a heads-up in 2 Topics on the Impala SS Forum. I've been sweating bullets on potential havoc of breaches and other security foibles from all the youngsters who've been attracted to that site since the platform change 4 months ago. Considering how dead it is over there nowadays I thought it was getting in under the radar from similar scam-spam.

But regrettably one additional impact of vastly reduced traffic is that 6 hours after 'Report'ing, all 12 threads are still up. Just that the difference here is notable by comparison.

·
Registered
'72 Eldorado Convertible, '97 Eldorado ETC, '93 Fleetwood
1,024 Posts
"Nicole Bill, I find it hard to believe you graduated from Harvard. Your syntax, spelling, grammar, sentence and paragraph structure are illiterate.
Besides, if you couldn't get into a Jesuit school . . .

:p

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
35 more spammed threads have been cleaned last evening and this morning.

We're seeing 15 - 30 a day now. Plenty of Moderator action so the crap gets canned pretty quickly.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts