Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Ralph 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to all of you.Just found this site and wanted to join. I have a '77 Chevy Caprice that I'm dropping a 425 Caddy engine into. I have all the machine shop work done and started assembling the engine. Desktop Dyno says the engine should push about 470 H.P. and about 500 ft. lbs. of torque. Anyone out there ever do a caddy engine swap? Has anyone hot rodded an older Cad engine? I could use all the tips and knowledge anyone has to offer.:D

#5 ·
Sal Collaziano said:
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Boxing trainer?! Outstanding! I box myself - of course, unproffesionally - but I train quite often. I train in Lindenhurst, New York - I do Jeet June Do and boxing is a HUGE part of it.. I mean HUGE. :D We'll talk more...
jeet june do? you mean jeet kun do? one derived by bruce lee?

#7 ·
thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not quite used to this thing yet and not sure how to post and reply but I'll try my best. Yes, the 425 will be a monster. Caddy built great engines back then for pure pulling power. In a lighter car they are unbelievable! Lindenhurst isn't far from the home of a former womens jr. welterweight champ that I used to be a sometimes sparring partner for.I'm getting a little old for that kinda action nowadays but still move around with my students.Can't wait to get my 425 in the car and on the road. Have to make up my own headers as no one makes them. They make block huggers. I have to by caddy header flanges from Caddy speed parts suppliers and weld them to big block Chevy headers and with a bit of bending they will fit.This will deffinitly be the hardest project I've ever embarked on. :)

#12 ·
Yes, Jeet Kune Do. Sloppy typing when running out the door. :D Yes, that's Bruce Lee's invention. My instructor, Sifu Charles Chi is a direct decendant of Dan Inosanto - who is, of course, a direct decendant of Bruce Lee. I've trained with Dan Inosanto too...

Yes, women who love cars are pretty damn awesome. :)

#13 ·
Sal Collaziano said:
Yes, Jeet Kune Do. Sloppy typing when running out the door. :D Yes, that's Bruce Lee's invention. My instructor, Sifu Charles Chi is a direct decendant of Dan Inosanto - who is, of course, a direct decendant of Bruce Lee. I've trained with Dan Inosanto too...

Yes, women who love cars are pretty damn awesome. :)
Aint we though?:histeric:

#16 ·
Hi Sal...I've seen Inosanto in a Bruce Lee movie and I believe he is the person who taught Lee how to use Nun-chucks( I know I spelt that wrong:rolleyes: ) If you get a chance on A&E network, they have a show called "Inside Stories" and one of these series is entitled "Fight Like a Girl".I have a short interview on there after sparring with the then Jr. welterweight champ Kathy Collins. My maiden name was sub-titled on the screen at that time.They still play that show once in a while.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.