Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, it was a good go. 2003 CTS. Got to put some 208 000kms on the old girl but it is now time to trade her in. Since my family has grown since I got back from tour I had to get something a little bigger. My better half talked me in to a V70 Volvo. I know, I know. At least I talked her into the R model. 300 Hp can't be all that bad. See you all around and thanks to the many folks on here that have helped me over the years.

dup

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
That will still be a nice truck...I considered it...then I found out the price.
GL with the new ride and congrads on the bigger family..
Be sure to direct the new owner to this forum
The XRS isn't big enough?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
We never want to fall in love with a car so much that we don't want to sell it. I just sold my 04 CTS with 37k miles on it and another 2 years of gmpp. My wife and I flip-flopped 10 times a day on keeping vs selling it. I has been a perfect car. But selling it with 37k brought me many more $$ than selling it with 45k. In my mind, at 45 or 50 k, it is just another old car. Low mileage vehicles, on the other hand, bring premium dollars.

BTW, I usually buy my used cars with 5 or 10k miles on them. Then I drive for a year or two; then I sell them without losing too much. If I buy the cars wholesale, sometimes I drive for free--when I sell at retail.

Now, I certainly do the required maint and purchase tires, etc. I figure those expenses are normal maint. I would have to make those expenditures no matter what I drive.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is the wagon. It is fully loaded. Not an option left out except for the auto trans. I like the manual anyway. Took it for a drive and really like it. Should be good to throw all the young lads stuff in the back and still be fun to drive. The R models are a lot better than the normal one. 300hp, 295 ft/pd, 6 speed, nav, upgraded leather, whatever Volvo calls the Magnetic ride control, and a bunch of other stuff. Still going to miss the CTS but it was just time to move on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts