Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
Unfortunately, nothing any longer surprises be as to what the current administration will do next. I gave our President 100 days and kept an open mind. Well, he blew that one. Pandering to the far left, tree huggers, ECO terrorists etc.. and this is what it has come down to.:worship: If this initial post is true, it will be a sad day for those of us who like really great cars. However, one positive thing will come out of this and that is that the V2 will be one heck of a collectors item!!! :helpless:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Unless it's officially announced, it's all internet rumors and :bs:

I laugh at how people go after Obama every time someone throws up some rumor with his name attached and blames him for it. :histeric:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
I wouldnt be suprised, if this is infact true than we'll know for sure within a day or two tops

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
He just confirmed he meant STS-V. What a douche.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
26 Posts
Since it's a "rumor" thread, this is what I told:

The engineering team responsible for the V development has been reassigned to other jobs for now. They will make 2010's since that aspect is complete. What does that mean? Who knows. Is it reliable? It's from a middle manager at GM who read a memo. So 10% maybe.

Keep in mind GM shut down their 4.5 L diesel program after spending tens of millions of dollars on it. It was to power a wide range of GM's since it's LSx form-factor compatible, and has the highest level of technology ever put into a mass-produced diesel. 300+ HP and 20% better economy than the best gas engine (of similiar output) in GM's line-up. There is a warehouse full of engines, and a friend has one of them he tried to sell me. (Test Engine). If GM could shoot themselves in the foot with that much accuracy, anything could be a target.

So the only thing that is certain is uncertainly.

·
Registered
09 cts-v
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alrighty then......that was a quick answer to my inquiry, let's hope it stays that way :cloud9:

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Okay, I need to set the record straight. My ditzy friend was wrong. I had her verify the info with her husband on the Cadillac assembly line and he shot back "STS-V".

So for now, I'm relieved to say that my original source was incorrect and that the CTS-V is still in production.

I'm ready for the flames. I earned it. I won't even wear the flamesuit. Fire away.

(I still enjoyed seeing Obama raked over the coals though, I won't deny that).

the cts-v isnt going anywhere thats from the thread the guy misheard its the sts-v going away but hasnt that been known for a while?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
the cts-v isnt going anywhere thats from the thread the guy misheard its the sts-v going away but hasnt that been known for a while?
Yeah it's been unofficial for many months, but was confirmed by GM in late Apr or May. They "killed" off 5 performance models, the STS-V was one of them.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
Just another unverified internet BS story. But some still accept any rumor they hear and irresponsibly pass it on as though it is fact or has some merit. Well so much for this thread.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Auto, Thunder Gray, Lt. Titanium, Recaro's, Loaded
67 Posts
~

Okay, folks...

Nothing to see here. Just another idiot jumping the gun and spreading another unfounded, inaccurate internet rumor...

Move along. Move along... :horse:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dallara

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Since it's a "rumor" thread, this is what I told:

The engineering team responsible for the V development has been reassigned to other jobs for now. They will make 2010's since that aspect is complete. What does that mean? Who knows. Is it reliable? It's from a middle manager at GM who read a memo. So 10% maybe.
From what I understand, pretty much all of the engineers on the high performance teams have been reassigned. This means things like the cobalt ss, cts-v, etc... are supposed to be on hold indefinitely. Once the ship is righted(if...) it may change, but for now development is supposed to have ceased.

That's just what I've heard and don't have any definitive proof though. Better than "OMG OBAMA CANCELLED MY CAR!!" in that link though...

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
From what I understand, pretty much all of the engineers on the high performance teams have been reassigned. This means things like the cobalt ss, cts-v, etc... are supposed to be on hold indefinitely. Once the ship is righted(if...) it may change, but for now development is supposed to have ceased.

That's just what I've heard and don't have any definitive proof though. Better than "OMG OBAMA CANCELLED MY CAR!!" in that link though...
CTS-V is already developed, now they just build them. The team that was reassigned is simply not developing any new future models for now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts