Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I was in Manhattan I saw a Escalade with a blue strip instead of an orange one of the side of the headlight. Does anyone know where I can get that at?

Also does anyone know what a good fog light is that would match the headlights on a 2007 Escalade ESV? Like the temp and stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
I changed my 4300k headlight HIDs to 6000k to match my 6000k HID fog lights, pure white and looks great

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have two, more mods to complete before I post all my bulb/light work, I have converted all bulbs to LEDs inside and out, have also convertered my reverse light to 6000k LEDs (no yellow lights on my truck), I purchased a rear brake light panel and I'm it converted to 100% LEDS across the board oppose to just in the middle, also having blue lights installed In both drivers and passenger sides kick panels which will come on with my headlights...all being done by vehicle custom/mod shop....will post pictures once it's all done.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
2007caddy did you change your 3rd brake light with a custom one or did you have them install more LEDs in the factory brake light? I hate how they have the light bar go all the way across and only light the middle! Why would they do that? Also I am thinking of changing my factory headlights 4300 to 6000 do you lose slot of light output that is really noticeable? Also what color front turn signals do you have?
Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I purchased and OEM third brake light, will attempt to use the LEDS from an OEM brake light panel (the regular brake lights)....6000k look more white, we installed one to compare the 4300k against the 6000k, no output lose at all....I left my turn signals alone for now.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Cool thanks, I thought when you go to the 6000's or 8,000's they got more blue and purple not white. What difference did you see when you had one 4300 and one 6000?

·
Registered
382 Posts
6000k is pure white, 4300k yellow is slightly visible, anything higher than 6000k would be blue"ish"...the average consumer wouldn't notice the difference from 4300 to 6000, I did when I added the 6000k fog lights the headlights looked slightly yellow....I think I paid around $80 in total for both headlight bulbs and the same to complete the HID fog light conversion, the mod guy installed and secured the ballast and fog light HIDs in 10 minutes (possible DIY)....all high end SUVs mods in his shop get the HID reverse HID package since mine turned out so well....look out for my pics of all my mods and already completed dual Optima Yellow Top battery setup once I'm done....he's completing a wax as well so pictures should turned out nice (ETA 3 weeks)

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics! Thanks for all the input, you make me want to change out my stock headlights for 6000's now. Where did you buy them eBay.
Thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
2007caddy did you change your 3rd brake light with a custom one or did you have them install more LEDs in the factory brake light? I hate how they have the light bar go all the way across and only light the middle! Why would they do that? Also I am thinking of changing my factory headlights 4300 to 6000 do you lose slot of light output that is really noticeable? Also what color front turn signals do you have?
Thanks!
Drive behind your Escalade at night time, and you'll know why they chose to light up only the middle part of the bar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts