Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
STS 1SF Black V8 2006
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
light powder sleet 15 degrees icy on asphalt. 40 mph road twisty, on a hill, speed limit 40, but driving 25. We were the only vehicles Durango vs Cadillac SRX Durango southbound in front of me, caaught the right road edge overcorrected, went sideways into northbound lane in front of oncoming SRX . SRX hit brakes and slid right, caught the ditch, but kept the nose up. The rear end swung around. The SRX hit a telephone pole sideways, hard. and atopped. The Durango, untouched was facing southbound, but down in the ditch of the NB lane. The guy in the durango was about 50, built. The driver of the SRX looked like a retired school teacher. The Durango guy was clearly in shock and just sat in his suv. The lady, was immediately on the phone inspecting damage taking pictures. It happened really fast. The conditions got bad within minutes. Here, you're either going up or down. I was in my diesel 4x4 f 250 , I saw another person attempting to climb a hill in his mini van, it ran out of forward momentum and started sliding backwards, out of control. just amazing. be careful out there.

FYI, that SRX bent its floorboad, roof and pushed the pillar in. No saving it, for sure.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
As hilly as the roads can be in Bucks County, I have no doubt that they were treacherous. It sounds like no one was badly hurt which was lucky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts