Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, completely stock
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately it was parked so I didn't get to hear it or see it go.

Although I am impressed with its engine & power & all, I can honestly say that the styling leaves ALOT to be desired.

Obviously it is just my opinion, but I honestly would not spend the money on one (or even the amount I paid for my V!), because I have become used to the practice of looking into my garage and smiling broadly at the vehicles I have in it. The M5 would not do that for me until I was driving it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
TO me the past model m5 was an icon,
It was a gorgouse car that would get noticed everywhere specially in the bright metallic blue.
The new one leaves a little to be desired although i sure that performance wise and interior have both ben inproved drastically.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Interior is not all that improved, and I hate the rear fascia of the car, but the engine and the performance.........holy crap!

I got to see one at the BMW dealership and saw the lot boy drive it off to fill it with gas. He laid into it and it was like it was shot out of a canon. Incredible.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No arguing, most find the design of the new BMW sedans to be quirky and ugly, especially with that big can they've got. Gives new meaning to junk in the trunk I think.

I can appreciate the performance, but sometimes it's better to be nice looking all around. I mean really, do you want J-Lo or J-Anniston? Hmmmm?????

Long live the V ! (better looking than the M5)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw one today as well. Surprised, as the nearest dealer is 30 miles away and I live in, um, how shall I put it, - a less than progressive community. It looked pretty good but I think it is even more understated than the V. Don't get me wrong, Q ships are my thing but I am impressed by the '06 (07?) bimmers performance, not its looks. I think the V looks better (badder!)

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
The 'V' is beautiful. It really is!

An lady, where I work (who is used to seeing me pull up in a Boxster s) said - "Nice to see you finally got a family car." :want:I said to her. "This car is twice as fast as the Porsche!" "You and your fast cars...." she replied. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
arr0gant said:
The 'V' is beautiful. It really is!

An lady, where I work (who is used to seeing me pull up in a Boxster s) said - "Nice to see you finally got a family car." :want:I said to her. "This car is twice as fast as the Porsche!" "You and your fast cars...." she replied. :)
She sounds fat.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
A guy who works for me said he saw a guy driving the new M5 in NYC the other day. He said the car was sweet! But added, When he drove away it didn't sound like yours! :worship: American V8 Power!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The V is greatness, but I have to admit if I could get the M5 for " the amount I paid for my V", I'd leave the V on the highway. I guess I'm spellbound by BMW, but I think it looks awesome. I have always said the V would be the hottest car on the road IF there were not granny's CTS V-6's out there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
DrivingAmericanNow said:
No arguing, most find the design of the new BMW sedans to be quirky and ugly, especially with that big can they've got. Gives new meaning to junk in the trunk I think.

I can appreciate the performance, but sometimes it's better to be nice looking all around. I mean really, do you want J-Lo or J-Anniston? Hmmmm?????

Long live the V ! (better looking than the M5)
If my wife was as unattractive as Jennifer Anniston I would shoot myself. I am not a big J Lo fan but that one is not even close.

I am thinking more of MaryAnn over Ginger than Anniston over any woman that looks nice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
MCaesar said:
If my wife was as unattractive as Jennifer Anniston I would shoot myself. I am not a big J Lo fan but that one is not even close.

I am thinking more of MaryAnn over Ginger than Anniston over any woman that looks nice.
EXACTLY ! M5 vs V -or- J-Lo vs J-An............ Both are nice looking, but that ugly butt puts the M5 and J-Lo at the back of the bus. The V and J-An are just perfect and there's no giant can to wreck the rest of the package.

Just to clarify, I wouldn't turn down a ride in any of the above, but the choices are interesting to talk about.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A few days ago I was on the 215 in Vegas (not in the V) and a new M5 and a 360 go flying by me at about 130 with the M5 literally 10 feet off the 360's bumper! I almost sh!t my pants and wish I was in the V to play! The combination of their exhaust notes at near WOT was euphoric!

·
Registered
158 Posts
To each his own... I now like the looks of my CTS-V (didn't like the CTS when it came out at all). I also love the looks of the new M5. Mine came in today and I am picking her up tomorrow.

Here are a couple pics...

·
Registered
187 Posts
You guys are all absolutely crazy if any of you WOULDN'T take an M5 if you had the ability to do so. If I could right now, I'd swap the V for an M5 in a heartbeat. I love my V, but thats 118 in the quarter straight out of the box, superior handling (watch the Topgear test drive of the M5 to appreciate it), and that howling V10 make my willy feel funny in all the right ways. :)

Lets not be stupid here. The M5 looks amazing in person...verrrry tough with the quad tips and lower body rockers, bumpers, etc...and the interior is well made if not ergonomically friendly (I-Drive). Its not something you'd spit at if it was in front of you. It might not ring everyones bells and make them go weak in the knees, but its still a good looking car. And you gotta love the "M-Drive" button on the steering wheel. :)

MAC, if you ever need anyone to babysit her...just let me know. I'm a giver like that!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts