Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I live in Knoxville TN and yesterday on the way home I came up on a 08 silver CTS on the freeway, I must say the car looks awesome going down the road, no more big yellow DRL or anything, it jsut so happened that when i got off the freeway to head home he got off at the same exit, so of course being the curious one I am i had to turn around and pull in behind him at the gas station. Talked to the gentleman for about 15 min, it was indeed an 08 CTS. He was driving one of the pilot cars, had then 245 HP V-6 in it. He let me and the wife look all in the car and everything, the inside is really sweet, it was a tan leather with the navigation unit in the dash and the way the console now looks integrated into the rest of the interior was a superior job. I must say that I was very hesitant about the front end of the new style CTS before, but now after seeing it in person I have no reservations, it really looks good, cant wait to see the V !!! I did ask the gentleman about the new V and was told that it was in the works and the front end would definitely be different along with other changes,,,I about begged him to tell me about the motor that was to be in it,,,all he did was sit there and smile and to say that he wasn't at liberty to say at this time. The gentleman was extremely nice and stated that production was to start on the new CTS this morning as he was headed back to Lansing to the plant from driving the pilot car from Florida. From the way he talked GM as a company was putting alot of imphasis on the new CTS and that alot of time and money had been spent making sure that this CTS was done correctly.

I did speak with him about our forum here and he didnt know that we were here but asked for the web address and said he would give us a look. I told him of all the loyal V owners here and all the anticipation of the new 09 V. We even spoke about colors and i mentioned about our poll here about colors, he seemed interested in checking out our results seeings as we are all current owners.

I only wish i had of had my camera so that I could have taken some shots. All in all Im now VERY excited about the new V coming out and what it will look like.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
However not all caddy owners bought their car for the HP. I didnt buy my CTS for the little 255. Its just a hot car, thats why I got it. Of course the 300 will be better, no doubt!

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
However not all caddy owners bought their car for the HP. I didnt buy my CTS for the little 255. Its just a hot car, thats why I got it. Of course the 300 will be better, no doubt!
For what its worth? The 1985 corvette which rocked the world with its 245 hp V8 was a cool ride.

Wasn't it until 1997 that the corvette finally went from a base lt1 v8 with 300hp to the all conquering 345 in 1997?

I remember my 345hp 1999 C5 coupe was fast as hell... (weighed in at 3245 lbs)

I think the technology today is amazing and with that even the base vehicles are amazing.

I'll probably go for the 300hp DI motor myself when the CTS finally hits. yet believe its important to mention that 255 hp is nothing to sneeze at either!

Just suggesting we keep perspective on how the automotive world is evolving.

Thanks for the heads up on the new caddy.

If any of you guys have camera PHONES don't be shy and use them.

Would have been cool.

BTW how were the stock rims with regards to the body stance..?

Did the car look like the show car or were the smaller rims a detriment to how well the car looked on the street?

TIA.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
I totally agree with you JB. Thats what Im saying 245 isnt what it once was. Plus the way HP is figured has changed as well. I bought my car for the looks and ride. Any performance above that is all a plus. A 300HP V6 is not too shabby :)

Again, I wonder who the lucky first person will be...It could be a current member or someone totally new. Stay tuned

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rims on the car looked great,,,,i didnt get to notice what size they were, but even the wife commented on how big they were and that they filled the wheel wells up..

The driving road stance of the car was really really impressive, it actually looks lower and wider than my V, looked really good going down the interstate..

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
The rims on the car looked great,,,,i didnt get to notice what size they were, but even the wife commented on how big they were and that they filled the wheel wells up..

The driving road stance of the car was really really impressive, it actually looks lower and wider than my V, looked really good going down the interstate..
Man I cant wait to see that car crusing down the road. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,034 Posts
I thought the press release stated that the base model would use the 255hp 3.6L V-6 from the current model (not 245hp) ??
That's what I thought as well. Perhaps the driver misspoke. To some of the points above, the CTS needs to remain competitive on the horsepower front as well in order to grow sales (needs the 300 hp version). I personally love the new 08 CTS so far!

·
Registered
746 Posts

Thanks Chris!

Were they high polished or painted?

TIA

JB

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wheels on this particular car were high polished from what we could tell, although the car was quite dirty from the road trip he was on ,,,but still all in all the car looked awesome.

·
Registered
'09 Black Ice CTS4 DI...'07 Black Raven CTS Sport(previous)
17 Posts
Yeah, I think they look great on the road too because they really stand out. I mentioned in another thread that I am lucky enough to see just about one 2008 CTS everyday on my ride home from work for the past month or two.

Although I was very envious at first, I am still very happy w/ my '07 and actually like the majority of the design from the current generation.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My friend just picked up an 07 and its awesome ..

Big rims and its really sharp.

Looks very nice. Still I'd like to get the 08 being that we are so close and since it comes with AWD thats a deal clincher for me to get my better half out of her SUV. (finally)

Plse take some photos since your seeing the car everyday.

I'd like to see the production version if you could...(with 18's or 17's if need be)

Use of a cell phone for photo is ok too.

I would be more than happy to host the photos for you and post them up here.

Just email them to me. [email protected]

I understand the quality of the photo won't be that great but it would be appreciated..

Another month before it hits the road out here in the NE.

TIA

JB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts