Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i had an afternoon off, so i decided to go for a browse around town, i looked in a Virgin Megastore, went to the DVD section.

Something caught my eye, a copy of Goodfellas, havent seen this film before today, even though it was first out in the late 80s/early 90s.

Scorsese directed so i knew it wuld be good. I bought it and went into the TV room and watched it, what a great film!

And its also full of late 80s Cadillacs!! And a 60s Pontiac!

There were two Coupe Devilles (one golden with a brown rear 1/4 rood, and one pink with a white 3/4 roof, i think there was a Brougham, and an Eldorado. There were some 1950s ones to but i didnt recognise them.

Great film! :D Im a little behind the times, i dont watch films at all raelly, but its worth it for those who havent seen it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
You ARE behind the times mccombie - Goodfellas came out 15 years ago!:p
It is a good film though, in my top 30:

1. The Godfather (1972)
2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
3. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
4. The Godfather: Part II (1974)
5. Schindler's List (1993)
6. Shichinin no samurai (1954)
7. Casablanca (1942)
8. Star Wars (1977)
9. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
10. Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966)
11. Pulp Fiction (1994)
12. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
13. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
14. Rear Window (1954)
15. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
16. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
17. Citizen Kane (1941)
18. The Usual Suspects (1995)
19. Cidade de Deus (2002)
20. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
21. 12 Angry Men (1957)
22. Memento (2000)
23. C'era una volta il West (1968)
24. North by Northwest (1959)
25. Psycho (1960)
26. Goodfellas (1990)
27. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
28. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
29. Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le (2001)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ben72227 said:
The Godfather (1972)
Schindler's List (1993)
Citizen Kane (1941)
Psycho (1960)
Goodfellas (1990)
They are the only ones i have seen from that list.

I also add:

Italian Job (original, remake sucked)
Alfie (also original)
Get Carter (original)
Snatch
Layer Cake
A Hard Day's Night
Gone in 60 Seconds

Others, but i really tend not to watch films or even television, I watch the news, and Topgear, but little else.

I would much rather read.
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
Hey Mccombie,

What did u think of the scene when Liotta's character is high on cocaine and is doing those deliveries, while he's driving his '79 Coupe deVille, and "Monkey Man" by the Rolling Stones is playing in the backround? I think the scene is called "Sunday, May 11 1980". That scene is one of my favorites in any movie ever! I think thats a great movie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Hey Mccombie,
What did u think of the scene when Liotta's character is high on cocaine and is doing those deliveries, while he's driving his '79 Coupe deVille, and "Monkey Man" by the Rolling Stones is playing in the backround? I think the scene is called "Sunday, May 11 1980". That scene is one of my favorites in any movie ever! I think thats a great movie!
Is that when hes running from the helicopter? It does some pretty scary cornering!

All of the Caddys in that movie were in excellent condition, considering the CDV's were 11 years old!
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
Well I dont know, but I doubt it because this movie came out in 1990, and all the cars in the movie were from 1979 or older.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Well I dont know, but I doubt it because this movie came out in 1990, and all the cars in the movie were from 1979 or older.
In one scene there was an 80s Eldo.....

Where Tommy is leaving th house to be "made" there is a -->1985 Eldorado, I just think that for there to be so much reference to the Cadillacs, there may have been some influence.

Even so it was great to see them :lildevil:
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
Oh yeah, I remember that car. I think it was like a silver or a really greyish blue color, yeah it was parked in his mom's driveway, and IIRC, it was a Biarritz, I think I remember seeing a stainless steel roof on it.

In most of Scorsese's movies, he uses a lot of Cadillacs. Take for instance Casino, he uses a 75-76 Eldorado Convertible, a 67-68 Eldorado, and a '80 Eldorado, a 76 Sedan deVille or Fleetwood Brougham ( I cant remember which one exactly) and that '81 Eldorado that gets firebombed in the end. (hahaha those faulty V-8-6-4's!!!! jk)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Oh yeah, I remember that car. I think it was like a silver or a really greyish blue color, yeah it was parked in his mom's driveway, and IIRC, it was a Biarritz, I think I remember seeing a stainless steel roof on it.

In most of Scorsese's movies, he uses a lot of Cadillacs. Take for instance Casino, he uses a 75-76 Eldorado Convertible, a 67-68 Eldorado, and a '80 Eldorado, a 76 Sedan deVille or Fleetwood Brougham ( I cant remember which one exactly) and that '81 Eldorado that gets firebombed in the end. (hahaha those faulty V-8-6-4's!!!! jk)
LOL

I think it was light silver or even white, it was very light, and yes, it looked like a Biarritz.

Theyre a great car to use :D

Those CDVs were really nice, i liked the pink one with the white 1/4 roof!
 

·
Moderator
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Yeah thats a great scene!!
Do you follow the Soprano's? If so Michael Imperoli (Spider in GoodFellas, Christopher in the Sopranos) shoots an employee at a bakery in the foot for slow service. They wrote it into the script to pay homage to Imperoil's first real acting role.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slk230mb said:
Do you follow the Soprano's? If so Michael Imperoli (Spider in GoodFellas, Christopher in the Sopranos) shoots an employee at a bakery in the foot for slow service. They wrote it into the script to pay homage to Imperoil's first real acting role.
I dont watch it, my son does, he loves it, i didnt even know he was in it!

Maybe i should start watching TV LOL
 

·
Banned
Cadillac
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
In the last couple weeks I've been trading in movies like crazy trying to get rid of VHS tapes to make room. I can usually get two for one, and last week I picked up a copy of Goodfellas but I never got around to watching it yet.

"Pleasantville" is one I have to watch because it looks interesting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
yeah thats a classic McC5!

Lots of nice cars.....gotta love it when they pull over, pop the trunk on the mercury, and stab the dude some more!

I like that fltwd coupe he's driving around towards the end! (not to mention the pink one)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have very few VHS copies of anything, most of what we do have are mine. PLanty DVDs though, we need a new storage place for them, they filled a cabinet, and also about four boxes that are in my darkrooom to be.

I just thought it looked interesting, so i bought it, i watched it, like i say, this afternoon. I sdont watch many films, i would much rather read or do some work, or just realx with some music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
powerglide said:
yeah thats a classic McC5!

Lots of nice cars.....gotta love it when they pull over, pop the trunk on the mercury, and stab the dude some more!

I like that fltwd coupe he's driving around towards the end! (not to mention the pink one)
Oh i thought that was a Pontiac...
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
All this talk about the movie... the '79 Coupe DeVille (I own a '79 Sedan...after all)

and hell, I am 100% freakin' Italian... so I just went to Best Buy, ploped 20 bucks down and bought Goodfellas

I never buy DVD's I don't even have a DVD collection, and $20 is more then I would normally spend on a Movie... but with Block Buster charging like $8 just to rent the damn thing.... there were alot of good moveis at BB that I could BUY for $10. I wanted to get Office Space/Super Troopers double pack, but it was $22... and $42 was too much for me to spend on movies tonight :)

BTW I never saw Goodfellas.... I saw parts of it, but now I own it... I am gonna watch it tonight.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top