Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home this morning, very very nice car, it was gliding on its own self importance

and overtaking everyone...

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
Beautiful car, I saw an episode of Top Gear where they got one up to 180. Pretty impressive for a sedan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeha I saw that too, apparently it will do over 200, as the W12 Phaeton does and its basically the same engine/drivetrain/platform.

It wasnt quite going that fast, probably about a tonne.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
One of the most beautifiul european sedans ever. I believe it weighs over 5000lbs and is still capable of 190+ mph!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
One of the most beautifiul european sedans ever. I believe it weighs over 5000lbs and is still capable of 190+ mph!
Hmmm, its nice, it could be nicer IMO.

There a place not to far from here where in the driveway is a Continental GT and a Contintal Flying Spur.

The one I saw today was FILTHY

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
i dunno...i dont think it looks that good, i think an arnage looks 1000x better.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Continental GT/Flying Spur=new money
Arnage=old money

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Continental GT/Flying Spur=new money
Arnage=old money
Also true

I picked the picture up off another forum, but the place isnt far from me and ive seen it myself.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
they arent poor

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
they arent poor
The houses down there are nothing special, but they cost twice as mucha s mine, and mines about four tiems the size with more land, they really are LOADED down there.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
wow..when I was in Windsor, I saw some nice houses, nothing that I can really remember....other than the Castle :p

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
wow..when I was in Windsor, I saw some nice houses, nothing that I can really remember....other than the Castle :p
Windsor is a long way out of my area, Im in the North, Northumberland.

The countryside is much nicer here.....

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
mhm...on the way to my aunt and uncles' flat on the sea in Exmouth, we were driving through the countryside and I saw this great big estate with a Diablo parked in the driveway.

In Windsor, I used to see a silver Murcielago everyday on the way into town, I saw a '70s Daimler there too and a early '60s Bentley. That was the only time I've ever been to a Ferrari/Maserati dealership.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT (r.i.p.)
191 Posts
I've seen a few...one with a 20-25-year-old girl driving! (or at least she looked that age)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
mhm...on the way to my aunt and uncles' flat on the sea in Exmouth, we were driving through the countryside and I saw this great big estate with a Diablo parked in the driveway.
In Windsor, I used to see a silver Murcielago everyday on the way into town, I saw a '70s Daimler there too and a early '60s Bentley. That was the only time I've ever been to a Ferrari/Maserati dealership.

There is obviously more money in the South, because the capital city is there, London and the South for me is alien, it isnt the UK i know, its the North and Scotland that are my personal tastes, I have only ever seen four Lambos in this are...

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Is the north like the england that you hear about in Led Zeppelin's songs, like Jimmy Pages' house with a thatched roof, and the sheep farms and whatnot. The north always seemed more like farms and country and the south seemed more like industrialzed cities and stuff.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
It took me a little while to find out that you were talking about a car and not riding accouterments or flying farm animals! :bonkers:

I didn't know that a Flying Spur was some kinda fancy Rolls Royce!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Is the north like the england that you hear about in Led Zeppelin's songs, like Jimmy Pages' house with a thatched roof, and the sheep farms and whatnot. The north always seemed more like farms and country and the south seemed more like industrialzed cities and stuff.
Its really the other way round...

In the North we had the pits, coal mines, and that was a pretty black time, we were the coal kings, but Northerners were considered common, and working class only, at that time 90% of the wealth was owned by 10% of the population, the cities in the South are bigger (London, Birmingham) but they are more controlling than the ones in the North (Newcastle, Manchester)

Since the mines closed, we have become more cultured, outside of London Newcastle is known as the biggest cultural centre, and also the best night out, we Noirthern folk are tougher than the Southerners, and work harder. Most jobs in the South are typical desk jobs, most jobs here are manufacturing (massive Nissan plant in Sunderland provides 5,000 with jobs)

Countryside, the North has much nicer feautires, the South gets repetitive, we have a massive forest and lake, Keilder.

This is most typical Southerners view of the city I live in, this is how most see it, in the 1930s, alot of them think we still work in pits and are rough barbarians

This is the reality.

We are the poor relation up here, and the further north you go the worse it gets with the southerners

There is a great sense of regional pride here.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kev said:
It took me a little while to find out that you were talking about a car and not riding accouterments or flying farm animals! :bonkers:

I didn't know that a Flying Spur was some kinda fancy Rolls Royce!
LOL!

Bentley Kev, a Bentley!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts