Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after work at around 10:30 i figured i'd go out to the bridge and see what the "street racers" are up to. Man honduhs are slow, it was just sad. I was kinda 2 outa 3 tonight, well more like 3 outa 4. First was a 300ZX(not turbo). We were nose to nose the whole time, got the thumbs up. number 2 was a late 80s vett, killed me. 3 was some redish civic with black fenders, that was a joke, cant even call it a race. number 4 was a Lancer, we stayed nose to nose till about 100, then i pulled on him and he gave up. I asked what he topped out at, he said 120. All in all good runs. Oh, and after about 5 passes back and forth i only used 1.6 gallons.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I had an '84 and an '86 'Vette. The '84 was ok, The '86 was real nice and pretty fast I liked it a lot! I can see how the 'Vette killed you. The Civic?........Never Mind! The Lancer? sounded like fun. All in all It DOES sound like a fun night. Racing......Nuttin' betta!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
C4 Vettes get a bum rap usually. They tend to be thought of as slow and not very good handling, especially by today's standards.
The good news is that since they have been around a few years, most have been modified at least a little and therefore they CAN be just as fast as any other car out there. Personally, I really never warmed to the C4 or the C5 until I recently fell in love with the 50th anniversary Edition Vette.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I really liked the '86 a lot and I always kinda regreted selling it. I wasn't working on my own cars at that time in my life 'cause I didn't have the time. I had a guy that was doing all my mechanical stuff for me and I'm not positive what all he did but that car ran really well....Hauled ass!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'll be honest, my favorite Vette is the last year C3. I just think the C4-up Vettes are kind of a sell-out. Yeah, they're TECHNICALLY superior to prior Vettes but for some reason, they just lack the Vette look. I know you probably think I'm nuts but that's just always been my feelings about them.
I doo like the C2 Vettes too. Matter of fact, My wife has been on me for a while to find her a '59 or '60 Vette. She likes the original stuff.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I like the venerable split windows the best of all from a sheer beauty standpoint. I really like the newer ones as well. but I really did like the '80s ones. I always liked the look of them, Still do! As they ( Whoever they are! ) say....Different strokes!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
my 2 fav Vettes are the 67 Stingray and the 40th anniv. edition in that maroon color.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My absolute least favorite year has got to be the '84 crossfire injection! shitty suspension!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shesh do you two take over EVERY thread????? ;) iam just kidding. I always liked the 80s body style too, just looks cool.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The Cross-Fire injection system is another thing that has gotten a bum rap. There's actually a lot of tuners that are doing great things with them. The car owners ship the plate to them and the tuner mods it and sends it back. The car owner just bolts it on and Voila, instant HP!
There may actually be hope for my favorite Vette (the '82). But I doubt I'd keep the Cross-Fire setup. Who knows though, It's not like being a little different is a BAD thing ;)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
spilt windows and early seventies'vettes are my fav L-88s ver high on my list too

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, I gotta agree on that too katshot. I really liked the '82 'Vette! Some very subtle styling stuff was done to that car and I always liked them! I just never cared much for the crossfire setup though. I've seen some guys with them set up nice and lots of zoom, zoom! but I just never got off on it!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Oh! get you're mind out of the gutter Dude! I mean REALLY!!Why would I do that to a car when there's a perfectly good CAT next door!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
No doubt!!! LOL!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Favorites.....
1. 1968 L-88
2. 1991 ZR-1
3. 1963 Split Window
4. 1974 454 Convertible
5. 1996 Grand Sport
I love the Z06's but I just felt the retro vibe, hell, everyone has got to love the Z06!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My all time favorite has to be the '63 split window!

·
Registered
11 Posts
the c4s definately aren't slow. We had a 89 convertible that would have been a great race vs. my 93 ETC but we ended up selling it. Had to get the 01 model. hehe.

When the LT1 vettes came out in 92 they were really flying. THe LT4 in the 96's ran a 13.3. Wow.. so c4's def. weren't slow. THey're nothing compared to the new ones. THe c5's will stomp all over those older vettes in every category.

Im a huge corvette fan, and can't wait for the c6. 2005 6.4L 500hp Z06. Yeah the viper is dead.. hehe looks like chevys going after euro exotics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
JAvery20