Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any company currently manufacture these kinds of pieces or applications? I am not talking about the Sherwood type 3M applications, but actual pieces that are made to replace the plastic around the dash and door panels (much like Cadillac did with the wood applications on the CTS 3.6 the past few years. I think actual parts of the dash and door panels being brushed alminum, satin or stainless billet would look good and go a long way to remedy the shorcomings with the 03-07 interior. Please let me know if anyone has any experience, knowledge or pictures/ websites of this - thanks

FYI - MotorTrend September 2007 has a first drive article on the new CTS - driven in Germany - says it is the flat out best handling Caddy ever - best Amercian sedan ever - best Caddy in 50 years. Car looks great in silver - great pictures of it on the 'ring.:thumbsup:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I have not seen anyone who offers real replacement pieces in aluminum.

There's a new V owner that has the 3M type Aluminum trim on his Black interior and would very much like to swap parts with another car that doesn't have it. It looks like it's decent quality (not the plastic "fake aluminum").

Check out the thread HERE, and maybe he'd swap pieces with you.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
There are no molded kits for the CTS. Believe me, I looked. I settled for the cheap looking kit :D

Google wood dash and you will find lots of websites selling them.

And those "real" aluminum kits cost three times as much as the lacquer covered ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts