Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

Registered
2015 CTS Vsport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer, Andrews Cadillac in Brentwood, TN has been allowed to have a pre-pro Lyriq to show to customers today (Friday May 13th). Since the factory is just in the next county, this is easier for them to secure than other places.

My impressions:
The Lyriq is a handsome vehicle with lower height and sleeker than the XT5 I drive now. That also means less headroom but I don't think this will be a problem for most drivers. There is also enough legroom for me, which as an extremely tall guy, this really matters. Perforated heated/cooled seats are comfy and I think the leather quality is better than that of my 2018 XT5. My wife who was also there noticed the speakers in the headrests.

Steering wheel controls are familiar but different for this application. Cruise control, heated wheel and Super Cruise controls are to the left, music and phone controls are to the right. There are lots of dials in the interface touch points with diamond pattern grips. HVAC vents all have stalks to control airflow with the same diamond pattern grips. The center console features a dial for the interface as well as buttons to navigate the menus if you don't care to use the expansive touch screen. One gripe....I would like Cadillac to spend a little more money on the dial. This really needs to be something heavy and a more premium feel, like a high end piece of audio equipment. It doesn't feel cheap, but it could be better. Real HVAC controls are very appreciated.
Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive design

Otherwise, fit and finish looks competitive for the class. No customers are allowed to drive the thing yet but they are taking people out for tours around the block. My wife who is a Chevy Bolt owner of 5 years took the passenger front seat and I sat behind her. The rear seat has more room than the XT5 which my kids would appreciate since they as large teens often complain about my car. The car, like most EVs moves silently and swiftly. Current version is RWD with the AWD version due sometime in the future. Dashboard interface is based on Google's Android car auto system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Missing is a storage cubby below the front HVAC controls...I'm told it will be there in the final car. There is no passenger side glove box, just a knee air bag.

I was a little surprised to not find rear seat climate controls (although the vents are there). My XT5 has them. There are two USB-C ports for charging and a 110V household outlet as well.

The rear hatch sports decent room with a privacy screen found in other Cadillacs. There is a lower bin that held charging cables and other accessories. We did get a chance to pop the hood only to be presented with a large piece of plastic covering the mechanicals. If you pry open the plastic shield you get to see the inverters and other drivetrain bits. There is enough room that if GM wanted to, you could have put some storage up here, but I was told that the extra space will be taken up by the front motor eventually. Still, I think it's a missed opportunity.

Overall, I think it'll see well. The longtime owner told me they'd already sold 60 of the launch versions.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

Registered
Thanks for the write up. The manual does state that there is a glove box, unfortunately no mechanical or exterior button to open, you must open the glove box via the touch screen. Also good to hear that the fake leather is of good quality. Nowadays the so-called vegan leather is pretty convincing. Hopefully the light colored interior will also withstand staining and clean up easily

Registered
Hopefully the light colored interior will also withstand staining and clean up easily
Yeah. This fear is why I took the dark combo. (Several kids and family members who love to wear jeans.)
Light interior has a bad reputation for staining. Have heard it all and a had friend with a CRV and grey seats. They took on whatever color they could just as the wind changes. Leaving my Telsa friends out of this discussion for obvious reasons.
I didn't want to take the leap and end up with a tie-dyed custom interior I didn't special order.

Registered
2015 CTS Vsport
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the write up. The manual does state that there is a glove box, unfortunately no mechanical or exterior button to open, you must open the glove box via the touch screen. Also good to hear that the fake leather is of good quality. Nowadays the so-called vegan leather is pretty convincing. Hopefully the light colored interior will also withstand staining and clean up easily
Forgot that was fake cow. It felt pretty nice actually. Seat technology has come a long way since the vinyl seats of the Cadillacs of the 70s from my childhood.

Registered
2016 ELR
Yes, wheels are the 20" ones on this car.
Awesome. There aren't many photos of the pre-production Lyriq's with the stock wheels, and nice to see they look good. I compared this side photo to the 22" side view on the Caddy website, and though the 22" do look better, the 20" are acceptable (for me anyway). I did not go that route on my Model 3 as the 18" plastic hub caps were not attractive, but I did pay for it in both money / ride quality / lost range by going up to the prettier 19". Can't imagine what the ride quality is on a Model 3 with the 20" wheels.

Registered
I am a little concerned the Chevy Blazer EV and Honda Prologue designs will be too close to that of the Lyriq (due to structural considerations) it could dilute the "specialiness" of the Lyriq design.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Registered
Thanks so much for taking the time to do a write-up and post photos. Even with pre-production the car looks fantastic.

My question for you- How did accelerating feel to you? Did your wife feel the same power up front you felt in the back? I鈥檓 sticking with RWD, so I鈥檓 curious if power still felt evenly distributed

Registered
2015 CTS Vsport
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much for taking the time to do a write-up and post photos. Even with pre-production the car looks fantastic.

My question for you- How did accelerating feel to you? Did your wife feel the same power up front you felt in the back? I鈥檓 sticking with RWD, so I鈥檓 curious if power still felt evenly distributed
It's faster than the Bolt, but that's not saying much since that car is 0-60 in about 7 seconds. This is a mid 5 car, which is plenty quick for most. My dealer sales rep did do one "floor it" party trick acceleration launch. And this never gets old in most EVs.

In fact, I'm a little concerned about Cadillac's usual customer base with all of that low end torque @ 0 RPM underfoot....it could present problems which is why this car is probably enough. I'm old enough to remember the malaise era when 0-60 in 12 seconds wasn't bad.

Registered
I am a little concerned the Chevy Blazer EV and Honda Prologue designs will be too close to that of the Lyriq (do to structural considerations) it could dilute the "specialiness" of the Lyriq design. View attachment 616548
View attachment 616547
I'm not worried about it. They are all Ultium platform based, butI fee l there is enough diversity to keep it real. Plus the Lyriq is now, not down the road.

Registered
2015 CTS Vsport
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Terrific write-up and thanks for it. No HUD, right? Were you able to determine if it has the 360-degree, over-head birds-eye projection for parking and such?
I didn't see an HUD in this application.

Even though we backed into the space when we returned to the dealer, sadly I didn't pay attention to the display. I guess that's why Doug DeMuro gets paid the big bucks. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts