Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I cleaned my SRX, after a trip, I noticed 2 areas on the rear bumper edge that had real fine scratches. Dr. Colorchip has a great method of filling fine scratches without getting paint blobs. They don't have my color which is Sapphire Blue. It is a very dark blue and in certain lights looks like a black paint job. I was wondering if there was a forum member that has matched this color using another paint call out from another car model such as Midnight Blue? Probably any color blue that is close in shade will do the job, since the scratches are so fine, but thought I would check on the forum before I ordered.

·
Registered
2006 XLR
467 Posts
Get the paint code from the RPO list in the glove box. The color name has nothing to do with the code on different car lines.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was nothing in the glove compartment, under the hood, in any door jamb,rear hatch or storage compartment. I know what the parts ID sticker should look like, but couldn't find one. Where in the glove compartment was your sticker?

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
You can get the correct touch-up paint color through the dealership. I had the same situation w/ Xenon Blue Metallic, $15 from the dealer.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone
163 Posts
Movin,

Check here for your paint color...it appears to be GXH.

http://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/printbook

Now look under the cover of the little floor cubby hole storage area at the right rear of your SRX. The Service Parts List should be on the underside of the cover. Look for GXH (in alphabetical order) on the list to verify your paint color.

Edit

Sorry that link did not work. Try this.

http://eogld.cloud.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

Select 1 = 2014 and select 2 = Cars/light trucks

Click the Cadillac icon at the top

Click Print Book

Select SRX

Check Color and Trim

Click Print

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
I don't think s/he wants actual touch up paint, s/he wants a coloured polish that is close to his/her Sapphire. OP Is asking if anyone knows what Dr Colorchip blue is closest to Saphhire.

Personally, I wouldn't get a coloured polish. I would get some Meguire's Professional products from a detailer supplier. Try Show Car Glaze (#7) to remove (polish), and then protect with Medallion Paint Protectant. If The Show Car Glaze is not strong enough, go slightly stronger to Swirl Remover (#9), then use SCG, then Medallion. Use SR carefully! Stronger polishes are availabe, but they're probably too agressive for the fine scratches you indicate you have. Medallion might be renamed now, as it is no longer listed. It could be Synthetic Sealant (#21) as the description sounds idential to what used to be Medallion. They also have Black Wax, which would probably be suitable for such a dark blue.

Max

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information. I had the dealer throw in the spare tire kit as part of the negotiating process. Maybe the parts ID sticker is under the spare. I will try and find if Dr.colorchip has a paint code under GXH or WA-122V. It appears that their small chip and scratch repair should do a better job then the dealer touch up paint. Whenever I have tried using the dealer touch up paint it is hard to get it to match the factory paint level/height. It usually looks like the car has measles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I understand exactly what the OP is looking for but as was stated, the color name is useless as it is different from one manufacture to the other (as is the case for identical Cadillac and Chevrolet colors which have different names but the same code designation) thus, I would at least start from the actual code designation to get to the next step. If the color code is not useful, the OP should probably start with something darker than the actual vehicle color.

----------

Movin,

The service parts list in NOT in the storage area for the spare tire...it is to the right of that in a SEPARATE little cubby hole. Pull up on the little nylon tab right next to the side of the vehicle at the far right rear of the floor and the list will be on the underside of the little cover that you pulled off.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know that cubby hole existed. I found it where you said. It has it down as U 122v and inch to the right of that 34G. I ordered code GXH and WA-122V. I also ordered a kit for my 2013 CTS-V which is red tint. I will post my thoughts on the product once I use it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad you found the cubby and the info...did you also find the cubby on the left? Do let us know your paint results as this may be useful to more of us in the future.

Just for grins...i find the cubby on the left useful for ratchet straps and on the right I have a pair of gloves, a few tools and a snake bite kit (hopefully for non-use here in the deserts of NM where rattlers are common)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts